Easy Office
LCI Learning

STIPEND or chanda??

Page no : 2

vicky thakur (Articled Assitent) (25 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

Thanks Prakash !

for making such a  nice view in this regard. We all support u. 

RAMANJU (here to updating the knowledge)   (485 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

You can earn stiphend as much as Rs. 10,000 also. The ICAI has prescribed minimum stiphend but not maximum. In city like blr you will see articles earning more than 12,000 pm.

G.R.KRITHIKA (ARTICLES) (357 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

THE THING DEPENDS ON WHERE WE JOIN .. OF COURSE THERE ARE BIG FOURS AND PEOPLE OVER THERE GET HIGHER BUT THE WORK PRESSURE??????????????????????

THE ICAI SHOULD INCREASE THE LOWER LIMIT SUFFICIENTLY.

rahul (ca final student) (62 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

A Fresh Graduate earn even more than a ca final student 1500 is too low yaar its very difficult for us when our financial background is not so wealthy institute should increase it .

Amit Ingale (Student CA Final) (1454 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

I think the root cause of problem is not only the the "minimum stipend which ICAI has prescribed". but the CAs And CA Firms who pays such minimum prescribed stipend to their articles.

and rather they should also be made more awake of the facts. because when atricles work the CA and CA firms Earns.

and the minimum fees to be charged by CA/CA firm is much more in comparison to the minimum stipend to be paid to article.

CA Adithya Murali (Senior Associate Analyst)   (119 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

I seriously disagree. Stipend is not y v register for articleship.The experience we gather is priceless.

U do get good stipend if u choose the right principal. Grand thornton in channai gives a 1st yr stipend of Rs.7500 & they pay close to 20 grand in the last yr & all big firms & traditional firms which ve been in this profession for decadespay well. ICAI canot b blamed for a student's choice. If u r an employee u lose salary for every day u take off. But us??We get stipend during our hols too provided it comes under the limit prescribed by ICAI. So friends v r young and will go a long way. So i suggest v quit worrying about stipend and focus on the bigger picture. Take my office for example - a PE II fresher makes 3000 immediately ater joining and depending upon their progress it goes upto 6000.

We WILL MAKE LAKHS & CRORES IN THE FUTURE. ALL D BEST

Manmohan ACA, CS (Chartered Accountant ) (14243 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

As we all know that article stipend is very low,
The stipend is such a a meager it does not even cover our conveyance from office to home and home to office . But ICAI has till now neither set up a committee nor done any thing  . they not even want to think on this issue
What they did is to  increase fee and and  make  stringent rules

but what are the the reason for such a low stipend

All CA student members are requested to join the following  committee, so  that we all in updated specially rearding ICAI and student related matters.
Regards………………………..!

see

(Guest)

but one thing is for sure , people will not start paying more unless they will have compulsion of minimum stipend

.... and yes bigger and better firms will be always exceptions but in many cases i have seen big firms paying nothing more than a 1250

i posted this forum becauz i really think its a high time for a reconsideraion

ankur chopra (Student) (41 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

Hi..

As a matter of  stipend .....My view is that although we r not doing Job, But we r professionalist . And as per the capacity of doing work our stipend is a bit less . It is a motivation power which push up someone to do work. But Learning Experience is also the top clas stipend we ever have..  This is the stipend we can increase on our own efforts.

Darpan Kakani (Service) (37 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

Actually, the purpose of ICAI is not encouraging u to earn more money.U should concentrate on ur traning and not on ur stipend because that diverts u from ur studies.

manish kumar das (student) (38 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

I also with u. The benchmark which ICAI has set for stipend should be changed. The cost of Living in Delhi Costs much higher day by day but our Institute has not taken any attention to this area

Manan Jain (Proprietor) (238 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

I too fully agree wid u shobhit.....

Yaar u saying abt delhi even for students in cities lik Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Pune and other its very less.

O.D.SHARMA (DGM-F & A) (1734 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

Dear All,

I am surprised to see & observe that CA trainees have this word 'stipend or chanda' in their mind.These are students not employees.This whole process is to get the best of yours & get a bright future. 

HARISH SP (STUDENT) (72 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

this is 100% right CA institute forget the concept of Cost of Index in B,lore also

Mahendra (Manager - Accounts) (41 Points)
Replied 24 August 2009

Dear Friends!

I also did my articleship during the year 1990-93 and the stipend was Rs.100-150 per month 10 time less then that  of my tea expneses at that time and the working hours from from 9 a.m. to 9.30 p.m. Finally after 9 months I fought with CA and he reduced my working hours to 6.00 hours per day.

The ICAI is not for CA students it is for its members. That is why it has a a system of CA article ship exclusively for the benefits of its CA mambers only! in the name of work experience they are just making fool to students. According to me 6-9 months practical experience is enought. otherwise they are many CA who don't know how to prepare balance sheet !

By engaging Article students CAs are getting low paid employees for throw away price. If they recruite employees then they have to pay Rs. 4000-5000 Even for a non experienced staff. ICAI will never hear you and will never increase your stipend. because it has to think about the sole benefit of its member only.

Ask your institute or  your boss that how they are justifying your stipend for Rs. 1000  per month ? I will racall this as a " Sofisticated Bhikh" and not even chanda.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: