Should I file my tiny F&O loss? Both Loss and Turnover are < 2000

I for the sake of experimenting did a couple of trades in F&O and exited. Both the turnover & the loss was less than 2000 only. I really don't want to file ITR3 and treat this as business income/loss. Neither do I want to claim/adjust this 2000 loss anywhere.

This article (https://cleartax.in/s/fo-trader-return-filing) says it need not be reported as business income/loss if it is just a couple of trades. 

Also If I had to file ITR 3 then what should I declare as assets & liabilities? I am an individual and don't run any business.

Please advise.

 

 

Replies (1)
Not required

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details