Easy Office
LCI Learning

Serious help required - life at stake.

Page no : 2

C.A SUVAJIT SAHU (CA ( In Practice )) (708 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

HI..

YOU ARE FACING A VERY RARE AND SAD SITUATION....

YOU HAVE ALREADY SUBMITTED FORM 108 BUT  THE FORM IS NOT  YET  APPROVED BY THE INSTITUTE . IN FUTURE ,IF ICAI RETURNS YOUR FORM FOR ANY DEFICIENCY THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO FILL UP A FRESH FORM AGAIN,

SO DO NOT GET FRUSTRATED NOW ...WAIT TILL THE FORM IS APPROVED BY ICAI.

JUST TALK  WITH YOUR CA...FIND A BETTER WAY ...ie,TELL YOUR CA THAT U R READY TO COME 3 DAYS IN A WEEK OR ANY OTHER SUITABLE ALTERNATIVE WAY U THINK FIT.

DO NOT GET INTO ANY CONTROVERSY OR ANY ARGUMENT WITH YOUR CA....

JUST PLAY THE WAITING GAME .......

BEST OF LUCK.......

1 Like

CA. Vikash Dwivedi (Financial Planning & Analysis)   (3167 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

Dear Rakesh,

Dont worry. In fact you are in better positon. Not maintaing articlesip record/ register is voilation of provisions of Act and rgualtions. You can come on front foot and tell them before they write letter to institute you can do the same But this is not advisable. Since we all are in the same fraternity and you are stepping into this profession it is not advisable to enter into any such sort of thing.

You can tell them you have equal opportunity to inform icai yet you are doing 1 mthn extra for their sake.

1 Like

Max Payne (employed) (2569 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

As much as you are being wronged, talking about problems does not solve them for a CA student. 

It will take 1 month anyhow for your letter of completion to come, at least till then, be on gud terms with ur boss.

No CA Firm follows the rules, u r living in fool's paradise. 

Who will ICAI believe, you or the member?

I know of CAs who threaten that the principal will write that Form 108 is forgery of the article.

You are not the only person in the world who has had to see this situation. Fruk the moral side, stand by their terms till LOC comes. 

After that, you can run the place to the ground by telling anybody who asks you about ur firm that they are just pirates and parasites. It works.

Sorry, but its true. Even i have had to serve 1 month unnnecessary articleship without leave credit, even though i worked 6 full days a week and even during my ITT. The only way i kept my sanity was by consciously taking only the positives, and converting every last moment into a learning experience, by doing and learning the things i wanted to.

Dont worry about exam leave at this point. Not everyone who got 4 months leave passed and not everyone who got 2 months leave failed.

1 Like

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

Focus on your study. Since the form is already signed by the principal, he would not write anyhing to the institute. If he does so, it will be at his own peril. Its hard to understand why professionals behave unprofessionally and play around with life of students. If he denies his own signing of the form, non maintenance of register, it should be taken seriously by ICAI. 

1 Like

(Guest)

Friends,

There are many problems faced by the CA students espicially during the articleship period and with their principals. Why can't we have some kind of students group which has legal recognitoin, who can take care of all these troubles. Why can't we form a group and show ICAI and these **** principals, that if the situation demands, we all are together.

Pls atleast post your views. This is the high time. We all have to wake up atleast now !!!!!

1 Like

HIREN (Chartered Accountant) (320 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

If they want you to work under them for one month and exam is your priority then why dont you tell them that you will work for one month after exam. If they do not agree then tell them that you will work extra 15 days after exam that is total one and half month. Anyway results are declared two months after exam.

(Guest)

I had faced the same problem in my articleship. Form 108 is a legal document and once it is signed, it cannot be changed unless and untill both principal and article are agree to such change. So stop going to office, dont pick up calls from your office and stop thinking about it. Your articleship is over. Enjoy.

CA PARAS BAFNA (Practising CA ) (33423 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

The entire discussion is creating a wrong impression in the minds of the readers about the relationsip of a Boss and his Articled Clerk, whereas the party to the issue is not the Boss himself.

These are the practical situations in which a professional has to/ will have to work . He is supposed to come out with a solution in rather difficult practical situations also. This could have been taken as part of the training. Visualise a situation in the employment where you will not be allowed to leave the office for an important personal ocassion. 

The articleship is not a slavery. It's a chance given by the Institute to the students  to provide practical training and exposure to them that too at free of cost. Imagine a situation where Accounting has to be read without having a glimpse of a bank statement or any voucher. Taxes read without Returns, or Law read without its application, will result in a mere bookish knowledge like provided in the non practical manner upto BSc level. Tell me the use of Real Analysis or Functions and Limits or Set Theory. I am a B Sc Graduate but felt the CA course the most  practicable then any other course in the stream of Science. 

It depends upon the person himself  how he utilises the given opportunities.

If the Boss is of poor mentality, you can easily override him in other respects,  in the years to come, when you will be qualified.  

Clients keenly observe you at your work station. 

Observe the present situation and such observation includes  its prospects also.

So, in the given circumstances the requirement is purely the  assessment of the attitude and nothing else. 

RAKESH (Almost CA) (2199 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

Thank u everyone for the replies. I m losing my patience. Tough days ahead. Lets see how it goes. But the way he changed his stance after signing the document hurted me a lot. I have told him that i will serve u after exams but he is not ready to accept that fact also. I worked as slave and after completion also he wants me to work . Its not good on the part of ICAI who always concentrate on members rather than students. We have worked nights and nights in office. We have even not went to house for days in peak period. But atlast he showed his true face. Sad incident . Tough to digest this.

RAKESH (Almost CA) (2199 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

My princi game plan was spot on. He instructed the preparer of stiphend cheque not to issue cheque till my completion of articles. So he can show that i have not received 2 months stipend and he has not come to office which is not the case.

Swati (B. Com (h) CA Final) (403 Points)
Replied 26 January 2012

Originally posted by : CA Kishor Kathrani

I had faced the same problem in my articleship. Form 108 is a legal document and once it is signed, it cannot be changed unless and untill both principal and article are agree to such change. So stop going to office, dont pick up calls from your office and stop thinking about it. Your articleship is over. Enjoy.

Agree

pratik upadhyay (AUDIT COMPLIANCE OFFICER)   (469 Points)
Replied 27 January 2012

involve ur parents in the matter....ur parents should meet ur principal and talk about that.....i know we are grown up guys...but there are some games  in which being a kid has its advantages

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15103 Points)
Replied 27 January 2012

In my opinion you should have a discussion with your principal and request him to avoid hurdles in your studies. Tell him that you need to take coaching and also to study hard to crack the coming examinations.

Ask him to reduce the one months time to 15 days and assure him that you will try to finish most of the pending work.

However, this is also a fact that he can't do anything with respect to leave etc. Writing a letter to the institute is baseless argument as everyone know, our institute don't listen without proper forms ;)

The sincere suggestion is to maintain your relationship, however, the relationship will merely be useful in case you to go in service forever in some MNCs.

CA Saurabh (PRACTICE) (1019 Points)
Replied 17 February 2012

They Cannot do anything...... They have no documentary Evidence as to you have taken 300 days leave....

so just forget.... and start studying..... dont get panic.....Rest all will fall in its places... dont worry bro....

all the best

CA Saurabh (PRACTICE) (1019 Points)
Replied 17 February 2012

@ Rakesh 

even i have faced the same problems.... No one will chek into your stipend.....( Well for that matter I was earning 1000Pm Througout My Articleship Period)

so Just dont Think, you will get your articleship completion Certificate Soon

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: