Sec 194H tds on share broking commission

 

I am sub-broker with a reputed share broking firm. I am getting commission from broker after deducting TDS. I am of the view that TDS is not applicable on stock broking commission (u/s 194H) and I made aware about the sec 194H. They refused to accept my argument citing "they don't want to take any future liability by not deducting TDS”.

I need case references, other documentary evidence & opinions by CAs and also the name of other brokers who are not deducting TDS to strengthen argument.

thks & regards,

hiren shah

Replies (1)

Please refer to discussion held before on this subject

 

/forum/tds-on-commission-in-securities-to-a-sub-broker-96529.asp

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details