Sap FICO and CAs

Hi Sheli,

Hope doing good

Iam an accountant with 8yrs experience.My academic qualification is Bcom,CA-Inter.I wanted to get in to an ERP job either as a member of chore finance team or as a SAP fico consultant.But when i enquired with some of my friends in the IT companies they told me that IT companies are preferring only CAs or MBAs for these jobs and a semi qualified CA dont have any scope even after getting the SAP certification.Is it true?

In one of  your earlier post you mentioned about the importance of having  domain experience in finance field for Non CAs to become a FI/CO consultant.Is it necessary that the domain experience should be in an ERP environment?I dont have any prior experience in an ERP environment.

pls provide your valubale suggestions

Regards

Santosh

CA Student

@ Sheli Sehrawat

Originally posted by : Sheli Sehrawat

http://s3.amazonaws.com/caclubindia/cdn/forum/images/open_quote.jpg

Role of an MBA or CA is to make sure that the output generated by ECC 6.0 is what is expected as per the management and accounting/taxation principles.

I hv not understood this para...can u pls explain role of a ca + Certified SAP FICO with a suitable example..

Also in ur profile Thumbnail, u hv mentioned that u r a SAP fico consultant, so my ques is wht type of consultancy u provide......

One more help:

I'm a audit assistant in a ca firm in kolkata, one of our client (having Jute factory) has recently transformed or implemented its accounting Info system into ERP(not SAP ERP i.e. ECC..) of some other co. from existing a/cing Processing package (tally), i need to check whether all the details about the labour or worker in the jute factory in the previous system has correctly feeded into new ERP system or not...

Whether converting CIS into new package result in fraud..?

so can u help me out in ths regard..., how to check, whether any software is reqd for this purpose....?

So pls give ur ideas and suggestion

Thank u so much in advance and ofcourse for ur awesome article which helped me alot in understanding the basics...

thnk u

SAP Business Consultant

Originally posted by : ABHINANDAN JAIN

"Role of an MBA or CA is to make sure that the output generated by ECC 6.0 is what is expected as per the management and accounting/taxation principles."

I hv not understood this para...can u pls explain role of a ca + Certified SAP FICO with a suitable example..

Also in ur profile Thumbnail, u hv mentioned that u r a SAP fico consultant, so my ques is wht type of consultancy u provide......

One more help:

I'm a audit assistant in a ca firm in kolkata, one of our client (having Jute factory) has recently transformed or implemented its accounting Info system into ERP(not SAP ERP i.e. ECC..) of some other co. from existing a/cing Processing package (tally), i need to check whether all the details about the labour or worker in the jute factory in the previous system has correctly feeded into new ERP system or not...

so can u help me out in ths regard..., how to check, whether any software is reqd for this purpose....?

So pls give ur ideas and suggestion

Thank u so much in advance and ofcourse for ur awesome article which helped me alot in understanding the basics...

thnk u

Hi Abhinandan,

"Role of an MBA or CA is to make sure that the output generated by ECC 6.0 is what is expected as per the management and accounting/taxation principles."

This means that reports needed for external purpose (Financial statements viz. Trial Balance, Profit & Loss Acct, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Stmt.) and internal purpose ( viz. internal management reports, Budgets, profitability analysis reports etc) should be generated from ERP according to the laid down policies and principles only. And this can be achieved by very carefully mapping the entities together in ECC such that the reports come out as expected.

Also in ur profile Thumbnail, u hv mentioned that u r a SAP fico consultant, so my ques is wht type of consultancy u provide

My work as an SAP FICO consultant is to recommend the SAP functionalities for better recording/ reporting/ book keeping/ analysis of clients' business transactions so that the financial processes are carried out very smoothly. In other words, I will demonstrate how SAP can help client improve his financial reporting internally and externally.

One of our client (having Jute factory) has recently transformed or implemented its accounting Info system into ERP (not SAP ERP ) of some other co. from existing a/cing Processing package (tally), i need to check whether all the details about the labour or worker in the jute factory in the previous system has correctly feeded into new ERP system or not...

You can ask for the worker related report in Telly on the last day of its operation. and ask for the same report from new software as on the date of the ERP implementation. Then you can compare these two to make sure that everything is fed correctly.

Other solution can be to ask for templates which the implementation guys might have used for master data upload in the new ERP software and then tally the details from the last records in Tally.

Hope this information helps

Regards

Sheli

Total likes : 1 times

CA FINAL

Hello Ms. Sheli,

I am a newly qualified Chartered Accountant and I wish to pursue SAP FI/COcourse. There are many local institutes in delhi (apart from NIIT, Delphi and genovits, siemens) who are providing Training in SAP FI/CO  (NOT CERTIFICATION) in a fees ranging between Rs. 25000/- to 40000/-.

I wish to know whether it is worth while to spent money on such course provided by these local institutes. As i am looking out for a job opening, i would like to know would this course help me in getting a better job or the money spent on this course done through uncertified institutes is a sheer wastage of money.

Thanks in advance

Hi sheli, I am newcly qualified CA in NOV 11 exams. Thanx a lot for very good assistance and for clearing many doubts. but I have two question again. 1) As there is big diffrence between ICAI fees structure and other unauthorised institute. Hence if the person goes for those cheaper institute is there any kind of benefit doing course from such orgnisation or its just total loss of money? 2) if anyone goes for those institute for SAP and after that can he give certification exam? Please reply asap. THANKS CA PRASHANT KARIA

Hew please reply as i am thinking to take admision in such unauthorised institute.

SAP Business Consultant

Originally posted by : Prashant R. Karia

Hi sheli, I am newcly qualified CA in NOV 11 exams.
Thanx a lot for very good assistance and for clearing many doubts.
but I have two question again.

1) As there is big diffrence between ICAI fees structure and other unauthorised institute. Hence if the person goes for those cheaper institute is there any kind of benefit doing course from such orgnisation or its just total loss of money?

2) if anyone goes for those institute for SAP and after that can he give certification exam?

Please reply asap.

THANKS

CA PRASHANT KARIA

Hi Prashant,

1) As there is big diffrence between ICAI fees structure and other unauthorised institute. Hence if the person goes for those cheaper institute is there any kind of benefit doing course from such orgnisation or its just total loss of money?

ICAI provides you the certification on subsidised rates. Fee for other SAP authorised institutes ranges from 2.50 lacs to 3.00 lacs. I agree that the fee charged by unauthorised institutes is quite less. But these institutes can only provide you some hands on training or some minor project exposure (very rare). But they can never provide you certification. I won't say that getting SAP knowledge from unauthorised institutes a waste of money. Because the level of learning is almost the same. The only difference is that you won't get a certificate.

2) if anyone goes for those institute for SAP and after that can he give certification exam?

No, a person cannot sit in certification exam unless & untill he/she has 1 year's experience in SAP as an end user or as a consultant. For credibility purpose, he/she has to present the experience certificate before registering for the exam.

Thanks & Regards

CA Sheli Sehrawat

Hello Sheli,

I have joined one of the IT company recently as a CA Fresher & at present I m working on the SAP Fi/CO support project as a functional Consultant. I request you to share Video & other  training material on SAP FI/CO/Treasury Module if you have as it will be really helpful for me as a beginer.Please mail me at divekar_rohit @ yahoo.com/carohitdivekar @ gmail.com

Thanks in Advance.smiley

Hi Sheli

thanks for info which was the best for ca students who want's to go for ERP

i passed my ipcc in 2011 and going for traning of sap fico in one of the private inst in Hyderabad . first i thought of doing cerfication but because of family problem iam not able to do so. now iam  thinking to give a fake experience . 

please give my your suggestion regarding my problem whether to go for cerfication or fake experience which will be ideal for me (thinking in mind about my family problems)

please give me your suggestions please 

thanks in advancesmiley

SAP Business Consultant

Originally posted by : aravind

Hi Sheli

thanks for info which was the best for ca students who want's to go for ERP

i passed my ipcc in 2011 and going for traning of sap fico in one of the private inst in Hyderabad . first i thought of doing cerfication but because of family problem iam not able to do so. now iam  thinking to give a fake experience . 

please give my your suggestion regarding my problem whether to go for cerfication or fake experience which will be ideal for me (thinking in mind about my family problems)

please give me your suggestions please 

thanks in advance

Hi Arvind,

You cleared IPCC in 2011; so I can fairly assume that its your articleship time. My first suggestion will be to find a CA firm which can pay you such amount that you can deal with your expenses. Your first priority should be to learn as much as possible because articleship is the base of your career after qualification. In case you cannot go for this option and want to join any organisation in ERP profile, then I wud suggest you take training without certification. No need to spend the exorbitant amount like that. You can show fake exp. or you can honestly tell them that you have the required knowledge to work on ERP and also you are a semi-qualified CA.

Hope it helps

Regards

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU