Easy Office

Sap FICO and CAs

Page no : 10

(Guest)

hello sheli,

i have downloaded some material for sap fi co module but can you please tell me where i can practice those ? i don't know which particular software of sap is used for this module . is there any trial version available for practicing  and learning ? please mention the name

thank you

Regards

AJK (Professional) (355 Points)
Replied 05 August 2013

Hi In IT industry, for SAP, CA's are given first preferance, rather CA's are preferred than others from other streams. This is due to indepth knowledge & practical trainings that CA gets during articleship. In this post, CA with reference to SAP requirements, is very well articulated. However, just thought of sharing some present so called dark facts of other side of this, (as I am working in IT industry) -

- on passing CA, IT co's will hire CA, but there will be bond for minimum 2 years. In case you wish to leave the company, you will need to pay bond amount to employer

- Few years back, SAP was a niche skill set. Majority of cos across world do use SAP. But now, there is more supply than demand. Hence you will find many SAP people on "bench", awaiting for projects. Competition has substantially increased. It also depends in which co you are into

- Further since SAP is not so niche skill set now (considering supply), billable rate for customer for SAP consultants have also reduced over a period of time

- If the work is w.r.t development, surely it will be very challenging. If it is backend support, then after some time, this work becomes monotonous

- People will be deployed on projects,after rigorous training & experience. So immediate in 1 year, there are less chances of working @ client place.

- further it depends on which module, one wish to enter into - FICO or MM or HRMS or SD etc. Not all the companies implement all the modules. normally CA go in for FICO & in majority of companies, FICO has already been implemented, since SAP came around in market a decade back

- Last but not the least, for SAP implementation, in case of viz developments, majoritily SAP consultants have to stay for longer durations - 5 to 6 months @ client place. Initially this sounds interesting, however, later on, this becomes a frustrating fact viz in case one has family or small kids

- No doubt, SAP is a good option, however, reaching @ top in scenarios wherein supply is more than demand is challenging

Good luck

kumar (Working) (172 Points)
Replied 12 August 2013

hai sheli, thanks for sharing such a valuble information..... i came across your article recently. I am a CA final student and & differently abled person(Handicap). I am not thinking inferiority complex about myself at any point of time. That's y may god help me to reach this place. Due to some reason becoming ca is getting postponed but am sure myself that i will do.. i don't have any idea about SAP. Some friends told that it is very supportive for ur career if learn. at present my position could not afford to such a cost that i heard its very expensive. Hope, Can u guide me?.... What can i do? is there any other way to learn at least basics?....My mail id is kumarsivam.p @ gmail.com....Eagerly expecting ur reply...

Aditya (C.S, CA ) (177 Points)
Replied 01 September 2013

hai sheli, thanks for sharing such a valuble information..... i came across your article recently.I Am a qualified CA . I would request you to please give the best books in SAP FICO & Treasury module

Shiva Reddy (ACCA) (21 Points)
Replied 02 September 2013

Hi Sheli, I am from UK . I am an ACCA two years post qualified working as an accountant in an accounting firm. I became SAP FI Certified 6 months back with 86%, just by reading through the certification material and giving certification exam here in London. I was practicing configuration aswell with some materials I have got. I can say I am quite thorough with both FI & CO Modules, really fell in love with CO. Some of the guys I knw or I hear in UK  got into SAP market by getting references from consultancy firms for upto 5 years and getting a break through. I tried to go in that path but couln't get such references. I would get a British passport this December, which allows me to work & travel allover Europe without visa(was waiting for that , otherwise could have come back to India long back) Could you advice on few things. 

1. I want to come to India this December be there for 2-3 years especially for my SAP career. What are my chances as an ACCA (Association of Charted Certified Accountant) to get into SAP FICO. I don't want to waste time as I am already 32 years old and have spent more than a year and half reading SAP FICO and probably became a laughing stock among friends & family.

2. Should I try getting these references in UK(work experience in CV) which is just blocking me to put my CV across as I am finding it hard to get it.

Your advice will be highly appreciated and acted on. Thanks

CA Devi Prasad Reddy P (Senior Business Analyst)   (101 Points)
Replied 07 January 2014

Really Very Much Worth Content.

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)
Replied 07 January 2014

Hi sheli,   very good non, Thanks for such a valuable information posted about sap for ca.. i would like to know about career prospects after completing this course .. i m qualified ca and have experience in mfg co. of around 1.5 year

CA Paresh Bhagwat (SAP Functional Consultant)   (51 Points)
Replied 24 January 2014

Nice Thread.... Keep it updated :)

ramana (vhhbjh) (38 Points)
Replied 17 March 2014

I COMPLETED MY CA INTER . . I WANT TO DO SAP FICO CERTIFICATION ... THE PROBLEM IS THAT I DONT HAVE ANY DEGREE . . IS DEGREE REQUIRED TO GET A JOB IN MNC'S PLEASE GIVE ME A SUGGESTION . .

THANKS 

IN ADAVANCE 

Deepak (Internal auditor) (23 Points)
Replied 09 April 2014

thanks for posting this .  

Sir currently i had completed cost and mgt. accountant so is that any scope to do Sap with that particular degree

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 15 May 2014

Dear Ramana, There's no degree requirement as such. If you are a graduate and carrying exposure in SAP FICO (whether user or consultant), you are good to go. However, to be able to appear for the certification, you should have 1 year implementation experience in SAP. The other way around is to get admission in SAP authorised education partners. They will give you classroom training and prepare you for certification. Only drawback is that this is a very costly work around. Hope this helps Cheers Sheli

(Guest)

I have just completed my B.com (Hons) & CA. IPCC and am pursing my articleship(Ist Year) with a firm that has clients using SAP, Oracle.I have worked on SAP & know its very basics relevant to an auditor. I would also mention that after completing my CA I would intend to work in Management field rather than the Auditing line. Thus I would request you to guide me whether it is good option to do my SAP FI certification from ICAI. Also if you could throw some light on some other certifications that could be viable with the finance field & IT. Another way that I look is that I start preparing for my MBA or would you recommend something else.

Regards,

Mayank

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)   (767 Points)
Replied 17 June 2014

Originally posted by : Mayank Kripalani
I have just completed my B.com (Hons) & CA. IPCC and am pursing my articleship(Ist Year) with a firm that has clients using SAP, Oracle.I have worked on SAP & know its very basics relevant to an auditor. I would also mention that after completing my CA I would intend to work in Management field rather than the Auditing line. Thus I would request you to guide me whether it is good option to do my SAP FI certification from ICAI. Also if you could throw some light on some other certifications that could be viable with the finance field & IT. Another way that I look is that I start preparing for my MBA or would you recommend something else.

Regards,

Mayank

Hi Mayank

Good to hear from you. If you want to move into management profile rather than auditing then I would recommend you start preparing for MBA. Getting into SAP field will not solve the purpose since this is a rather technical field and you can enter managerial role only after 10 years of experience like any other technical profile.

However, yes SAP gives a consulting exposure wherein you are more exposed to different clients from different industries. The fact remains the same: end of the day you are a technical person. Last but not the least, you are the best person to decide your interest area.

Thanks

Sheli

Mallikarjun Powar (MBA) (21 Points)
Replied 14 July 2014

Hi Ms. Sehrawat,

I have done B.E/ MBA(Finance) and also have a total  work experience 4 years. Right no i am working as a finance excecuitve( in a Manufacturing Company) and my job resposibilities is financial analysis,Costing, Profitability analysis , MIS, Budgeting and forecasting etc. As i am looking for a job change so is it important or necessary for me to have SAP FICO certification or tranning to get a break in companies using SAP, Oracle, Hyperion etc....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: