avater

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)     18 July 2012

Sheli Sehrawat
SAP Business Consultant 
 191 likes  767 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Originally posted by : Ameya

Hi Sheli,

Thanks a ton for prompt response. It really facilitates my decision making. 

I have couple of quries more:

1. Is working with SAP FICO creative in its nature, or over the period of time, it becomes monotonus. 

2. Working with ERP, specially SAP platform, does it lead to 'saturation' in career / growth ever?

3. Can you throw some light on career growth path of a SAP FICO Consultant? (Please mention changing designations  also)

4. I am looking forward to pursue international MBA after 5-6 years of quality work eperience, can  I think of an MBA after working as a SAP FICO Consultant for few years.

5. With merely B. Com. educational background, can I see myself competing with MBAs & CAs in SAP FiCO job market?

6. What are the essential skills (personal attributes) for becoming successful SAP FICO Consultant?

Kindly answer my queries.

Thanks & warm regards,

Ameya J

Hi Ameya

Please find the answers below:

1. Is working with SAP FICO creative in its nature, or over the period of time, it becomes monotonous. 

It’s one of those avenues where you get to use your functional skills as much as possible. In the long run, you get to decide the organisation structure configurations and process structures in SAP which requires prior industry knowledge of the client business and a corporate perspective.

1. Working with ERP, specially SAP platform, does it lead to 'saturation' in career / growth ever?

Like every other professions, SAP profile might also lead to saturation. But I have seen people in Audit/Taxation/Accounts feeling saturation in as early as 2 years. Whereas life in SAP consultancy only starts after 2 years. SAP is very vast in nature. Also, you don’t work with the same team, for the same client, on the same scope always. You work on projects and move to other project after each implementation or whenever you feel that you are not gaining anything (learning-wise).

1. Can you throw some light on career growth path of a SAP FICO Consultant? (Please mention changing designations  also)

The designation tags assigned vary from organisation to organisation. The growth path is same as that of other profiles.

1. I am looking forward to pursue international MBA after 5-6 years of quality work eperience, can  I think of an MBA after working as a SAP FICO Consultant for few years.

Yes sure you can pursue MBA. Later, you can get into Project Management wherein you will be managing the SAP Implementation/Support projects on a bigger level.

1. With merely B. Com. educational background, can I see myself competing with MBAs & CAs in SAP FiCO job market?

Yes you can. Very much. However the pay package will be a bit lower in the initial phase of your career as compared to MBAs and CAs who are hired on a higher pay package. But in the long run, its only experience that matters.

1. What are the essential skills (personal attributes) for becoming successful SAP FICO Consultant?

1. You should be able to comprehend business scenarios very well.
  2. You should be able to understand the regulatory framework in which the client organisation operates, to replicate the taxation/accounting/costing related compliances in ERP system.
  3. You should be tech-savvy.
  4. You should be a good team player.

Regards

Sheli

1 Like
avater

CA CS ACMA MBA Pradeep (job)     20 July 2012

CA CS ACMA MBA Pradeep
job 
 6 likes  81 points

Hi Sheli,

Can u plz suggest me some institutes in mumbai who provides Sap training. I want only practical training in FICO module and not the certification as u said in ur earlier posts that it will cost around Rs.10000 to Rs. 30000.I have checked many websites on institutes but did not find any suitable one. Plz suggest me if u know these kind of institutes in Mumbai.

Plz reply soon as i want to start this next month.

Thanx in advance..

VIJAY SHAH (Associate consultant)     23 July 2012

VIJAY SHAH
Associate consultant 
 21 points

I am MBA in finance and BE in computer. I have Sap ceritication (Technical) with three years experience and one year as funcational. 

Where are the opening for job

Darshan

avater

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)     24 July 2012

Sheli Sehrawat
SAP Business Consultant 
 191 likes  767 points

Originally posted by : VIJAY SHAH

I am MBA in finance and BE in computer. I have Sap ceritication (Technical) with three years experience and one year as funcational. 

Where are the opening for job

Darshan

Hi Vijay,

Send me your CV at sheli.sehrawat @ tcs.com. There are FICO functional consultants' requirements in GL,AR,AP,Taxation at Chennai, Mumbai, Bangalore and Kolkata in TCS.

Regards

Sheli

avater

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)     24 July 2012

Sheli Sehrawat
SAP Business Consultant 
 191 likes  767 points

Originally posted by : CA CS CWA MBA Pradeep

Hi Sheli,

Can u plz suggest me some institutes in mumbai who provides Sap training. I want only practical training in FICO module and not the certification as u said in ur earlier posts that it will cost around Rs.10000 to Rs. 30000.I have checked many websites on institutes but did not find any suitable one. Plz suggest me if u know these kind of institutes in Mumbai.

Plz reply soon as i want to start this next month.

Thanx in advance..

Hi Pradeep,

Try following links.

http://www.asklaila.com/search/Mumbai/-/Sap%20training%20institutes/?searchNearby=false&v=listing

http://www.grotal.com/Mumbai/SAP-Training-C45/

Regards

Sheli

avater

Arun G (Associate)     24 July 2012

Arun G
Associate 
 25 points

Hi All

I would request you to provide the configuration for bad debts and reserve for doubtful debts in SAP FICO. If possible with examples and screenshots would be feasible.

thanks

Arun 

avater

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)     26 July 2012

Sheli Sehrawat
SAP Business Consultant 
 191 likes  767 points

Originally posted by : Arun G

Hi All

I would request you to provide the configuration for bad debts and reserve for doubtful debts in SAP FICO. If possible with examples and screenshots would be feasible.

thanks

Arun 

Dear arun,

Follow these steps:

F104:

Provision for Bad Debts (exp) Dr

To Provision for Bad Debts (Liab)

Step 1:OB04 :You can define here the % of provision.

Step 2:FS00 :Creation of GL Accounts

BAD DEBTS,PROV FOR BAD DEBTS-NORMAL ACCOUNTS(EXP&LIAB)

BAD DEBT RECON Account AND RESERVE FOR BAD DEBT RECON ACCOUNTS (Both CUST Recon G067)

Step 3:FD01Create customer

Step 4:F-22 Post INVOICES.

Step 5:OBXD BAD DEBT TO PROV FOR BAD DEBT

Step 6:OBXY SDRS TO BAD DEBT RECON

Step 7:F103 DRS TO RECON

Step 8:F104 BD TO PROV BAD DEBT

Step 9:F-28 BANK TO CUST (E -indicator)(RESIDUAL OR PARTIAL PAYMENT IN EACH INVOICE)

Regards

Sheli

1 Like

yatra (Job )     07 August 2012

yatra
Job  
 27 points

hi sheli,

I am inter ca, i gave ca final exam 2 times bt cudnt clear and due to bad times i took drop, nw as such for becoming ca i already got 7 trials bt nw i hve resumed an vl appear for exams next time.... bt as an inter ca , m nt getting good jobs , so i wish to do sap fico, i cnt afford certification courses , so i enquire about other institutes providing sap- fico instructor led in 35000, they dnt provide live project implementation bt they claim course to be practical enough, moreover there is no placement guarantee though assistance...m really confused as to should i opt for this course to repair my damaged career.

plz give ur opinion on the same.

Rohan Ranade (M Com, CA)     11 August 2012

Rohan Ranade
M Com CA 
 21 points

Hi Sheli,

I have passed the CA final in Nov 2011 attempt. I read all the discussion which has taken place on your thread which is quite informative. I appreciate your work.

I am currently working in Internal Audit Dept of a company since last 3 months  which has SAP, and I have SAP end user knowledge since my articleship as the client of CA firm in which I did my articles were having SAP implemented.

Since I am considering job opportunity in SAP, Whether it is neccessary to do SAP Certification

and if I get it from the recognised institute by completing certification coures, What is the current scenario of market for SAP job opportunity?

Can you please throgh a light on this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

CA Rohan Ranade

avater

Sheli Sehrawat (SAP Business Consultant)     23 August 2012

Sheli Sehrawat
SAP Business Consultant 
 191 likes  767 points

Originally posted by : yatra

hi sheli,

I am inter ca, i gave ca final exam 2 times bt cudnt clear and due to bad times i took drop, nw as such for becoming ca i already got 7 trials bt nw i hve resumed an vl appear for exams next time.... bt as an inter ca , m nt getting good jobs , so i wish to do sap fico, i cnt afford certification courses , so i enquire about other institutes providing sap- fico instructor led in 35000, they dnt provide live project implementation bt they claim course to be practical enough, moreover there is no placement guarantee though assistance...m really confused as to should i opt for this course to repair my damaged career.

plz give ur opinion on the same.

Hi Yatra

I don't think it’s wise to go for the unauthorised program for 35,000 bucks. It won't give you a certificate to show your qualification in your CV. But the authorised program is a little too expensive to go for it. Given that you haven’t qualified yet, we are in a little complex situation here.

I think you should work out for a job opportunity in a company or in a CA firm whichever pays you better. Then later when you feel somewhat settled with the job, you can think of your next step.

Please remember something is better than nothing. Don’t refuse a job just because it gives you few Ks less. Try hard, look out and reach out. I am sure God has something for you dear. Don’t lose faith. Keep trying and never say “I can’t”.

Good luck

Regards

Sheli

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »