Salaried+professional - Which ITR?

Thanks for such a wonderful forum.

Heres my first question in this forum.

I have been employed for the FY 2007-2008 as a employee in Organisation 1 till March 15th. Natuarally the income I received is termed as "Salary".

From March 17th I worked as a professional (consultant) for Organisation 2. The income here is termed as "Professional Fees".

I have received Form 16 from Organisation 1and Form 16A from Organisation 2.

My query is as major part of my income is Salaried income (95%), can I still file ITR2 and show the "Professional Fees" income under Income from other sources?

 

 

Replies (5)

As ITR is concerened only with the head of income like

1.Salaries, 2.House property income, 3.Income from capital gains and other sources,

so you need to file your IT return through ITR-4 as it includes both salary and income from profession

 

ITR 4 SHALL BE APPLICABLE. PROFESSIONAL INCOME IS TO BE SHOWN UNDER THE HEAD BUSINESS AND PROFESSION

Dear Amol,

Income is chargeable to different heads on the basis of their nature and not the amount involved. so the nature remains professional as such u r to file ITR 4

Dear All,

Thanks for your responses. I will be filing ITR4.

ITR 4 SHALL BE APPLICABLE

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details