Easy Office

Results - only ICAI to be ashamed of itself

Page no : 3

CA KARTHIK (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (189 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : harsh arora
Dear CA KARTIK sir, you had said that you appreciate the institute policy ! And mine question is as simple is it the right move that entry in ca is simple but the exist is not so simple.Please give view on this.?

So, where come the question of marks. yaa, i too had failed just like others and just for the wrong policy of the institute. Who enter there student easliy but forget their exist.Give your opinion?

I would like to answer to your questions based upon your marks you secured in the exam.

Just interrogate yourselves based on that. Not just questioning me or the institiute.

All the best.

CA. Harsh Arora (Chartered Accountant) (377 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Dear kARTIK SIR, Its not a matter of mine its matter of thousand of students who loudly speaking to you as you had supported the institute --why why and why? the entry is simple but the exist is difficult.?

Yaa, i too shocked with this results and thats why am not disclose it but still you keen desire give me your cell no am 105% message you or call you. But as you support institute policy kindly answer me is it right that first enter bulk of student in this field in the form of cpt 30% results but after that keep starting trail and error methods on the students.

Sajid Rahman (C.A. Final) (71 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Well said Sir...

I request you to forward this to the ICAI Officials. Let them realise the seriousness of their wierd actions.

Lets Fight against the Injustice!!

CA KARTHIK (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (189 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Originally posted by : Aldrine
Before the entry in CA we have to think a lot of things regarding the risk, return etc................
If we are joining in B.tech for a particular subject we may study the pros & cons.....similarly for other courses...
If we have other options with less risk & same or more return we have to take other (interest is also a creteria)....
The pattern of CA from intial stage is like this................i have heard that ........one old doctor told some of his friends studied CA in that time ...while joining in medicine one was studying for one group after qualifying medicine he just passed that group only....he told it was tough in that period also.
So before joining to CA we have to study the risk & return comparing with othe courses.....if better alternative is available ...if we have interest also then try for other.......
We have to evaluate CA course even if the entry parameters are liberal......if the doors of houses are opened...whether we enter in it unnecessarily......
Think that we have decided to join in CA .......at that time also we should have a calculation that even if not passed what we can do?.....whether we r satisfied with a job which requires degree & articleship........we should also try to learn & get experiance (not to dummies) to do job even if we are not passing exam.....it will be helpful for us to take a job at the middle & continue study with job.............
It is no practical to think that one person will come tomorrow morning & he will change all the system.......so better move with practise...these are all because of the shocks of results like we also faced................
I do not know how an objective type question pattern (which allow to select one alternative from limited choice) become suitable for a profession which requires analytical skill (in entrance it can be but regarding the regular exam it is not practical)...........there may be institutes which practises such examination pattern...but that have that much recognition only....our institute should not be one of it......
It is very easy to say this like comments to get clap of students in the correct situation when students are felt broken hearted.........

VERY NICELY SAID MR.ALDRIN....

CA. Harsh Arora (Chartered Accountant) (377 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Dear,CA KARTIK SIR, The other reason for not disclosing my marks here is as you had already warned mr.Prabhakar in this forum from the side of the institute so what might you do with my marks Information----GOD KNOWS:)?

Narendra Nath (CS,CWA,) (37 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Prabhakar Sir and others pls help and do some thing for students

pls send this article to ICAI higher authorities

then they will reailse

thanq you sir

for your support,

Rajiv (Finance) (200 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Excellent .........

I am forwarding to ICAI.

Hope it is fine with you sir.

sagar (Chartered Accountant) (131 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

very well said sir,

i really too don't understand what ICAI wants to proof....

but sir u didn't focused on the drastic changes which frequently use to occur in TAXATION which dominates the students.......

R.SIVASANKARI (STUDENT) (167 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Hai.

These kind of results were demotivating and we may lose young brilliant talents who don't want to face the failure . The Inst should either find a way to train the students to face the exam  or else follow the

system followed by other developed countries having the same kind of professional courses instead

of making students life a tragedy.

1 Like

CS.Sreejan (CA finalist) (91 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

absolutely right sir.....some body should be there to act as an eye opener to ICAI, thank u sir..

renuka kadge (CA Final Student) (148 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Even i do agree with u sir

renuka kadge (CA Final Student) (148 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Even i do agree with u sir

Ranganathan (Student) (55 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

Sir,

Institute should maintain toughness.... it should have pass % as competitive as possible but should not keep fluctuating deeply downwards from 8.7 to 3.6%... it will create pressure among students who have lost in current attempt also create fear to upcomming new students..... NOT a good sign for students and the institute..........

jaisheila (Student) (23 Points)
Replied 20 July 2010

@ Mr.Prabhakar: Well said sir!.

It is a fact that this institute, to which we all belong either as a member or as a student, lacks tranparency. Every single student has the right to know the evaluation system & examination system. Its time ICAI makes it clear.

The pass percentage is spread over 3% to 8%. Does it mean that only 3% to 8% of the lot are knowledgeable/ possess expertise (Whatever this inst claims to achieve)... Or, does it mean that 92% of the lot are unfit..  I'm sure that the questions were not that tough to give a result of mere 3-8% pass %.. Does it mean that bal 92% of the lot have not taken up this course seriously... I'm sure our Indian youngsters have commitments in their life and are pursuing this course with lots of hope and are serious about it.

Lets do an extreme calculation.. I'm sure that at least 70% of those appeared this exam had taken it up seriously and worked towards it. Assuming, only half of them were on the right track the chances of clearing should be 35%. Assuming, only 50%of this 35% were successful in their attempt, then the pass % should 17.5%... Now the results are varied over 3-8... The actuals are less than 50% of the worst case scenario results. WHAT DOES ICAI WANT TO PROVE? This result defies logic.

If Luck is major determinant, then, is this exam a gamble?? I mean it. One has to be really lucky to fall within that 3-8%.. If ICAI claims that the standard of the student is very low and below expectations, Its time ICAI answers the enigma - " WHAT EXACTLY ICAI EXPECTS?"

Why could majority of  students not score similar to their expectation?? A student is a professional jus the results away.. I'm sure the student would be conservative in his estimation..

Let quality improvements be done in Questioning pattern and study materials.. Let knowledge be imparted to students in an efficient manner.. This will result in real quality enhancement.

ICAI Owes an explanation.. Its time we recover from the quality hype that has been created..I expect some reaction from ICAI, atleast, to prove me wrong!!

1 Like

CA Varun Sahni (CA ) (121 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Really. Quite true. I am myself quite disheartened by my last 2 results..... Hope something better happens to this course in terms of the results declared.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: