Easy Office

Results - only ICAI to be ashamed of itself

Page no : 9

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 10 August 2010

thanx gupreet for the info on riders. I thought moderation were done through servers in icai office at noida.

CA Konfused (Chartered Accountant & CFA Level 1)   (302 Points)
Replied 11 November 2010

evaluation process sir is so flawed i failed my law paper got marks in the 20's in next attempt i merely copy pasted the question paper got above 50. ridiculous system of evaluation, i don know what qualities are they testing  in a student.in one accounts paper after the exams i asked the guy sittin in front of me how was your 20 marks question,he said so simple copy pasted with same numbers from some past years papers,it hardly took him 25 min to complete n here i was doing it for first time completed it in round about 40-45 min,that guy even knew the numbers at which the balancesheet talied in the compliation,so no room for original thinkin,creativity,we are supposed to do donkey work,if ur an expert in donkey work ,u will surely be a CA

CA DIPESH VORA (CA FINAL) (70 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

well

my opinion is Kinda Different

if CA in % increase - Demand for CA will Decrease

there would be no Difference -  CA V/s  MBA, CS, CFA, CWA

ICAI, Community of Master Minds - if % kept by them is Low, there might be a biggggg Reason

Some credit sould be give to them

Ronak (Chartered Accountant) (55 Points)
Replied 17 November 2010

What Prabahakar sir says is very relevant. In order to keep our demand high the, it absolutely makes no sense to filter the results to create a scarcity thereby sending an image that those passed are the best of the HANDFUL who opt for the course.

My questions is very simple,

1. How can the Institute decide whether the candidate is fit to be declared as a CA in a matter of ONLY   three hours of the exam? 

2. If the marking system is very genuine and no filterations or deductions are made in order to control the results, why don't we get a certified copy of our answer sheets to see where we've gone wrong as per the Institute?

3. If the Institute thinks that various orientations and ITT and GMCS will improve the quality of the CAs, then why nt adequate care is taken to see that the course standards and its execution is as per the quality that is required?

I've seen CAs who are forced to resign only because when they could not cope up with the practical application of knowledge they had gained all those years.

The testing system atleast at the final level needs to change. We need a more dynamic and pragmatic approach towards the Final level of the course atleast because after that you are an expert!!

AND AFTER THAT THERE IS NO TURNING BACK!! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: