Easy Office

Results - only ICAI to be ashamed of itself

Page no : 4

Afreen Jahan (articled assistant) (27 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

hi everyone  

i appreciate the article of urzz sir....

ICAI should think about this matter....

Its really a matter of worry for the pcc & ipcc students who are waiting for their results

If this matter continues like this ICAI who is trying to establish standards will not be left with any student to create a standard then

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

A great analysis !

Generally, when a student has passed the entrance test; it means he is fit to qualify.

Another side of the analysis is -

Proper guidance is not taken at the beginning of the career.  The student who joins the course has more emphasis on doing CA rather than making a Career.  Even many CA Final students can't decide what they will do after qualifying CA.  They are job seekers. A have not heard any docotor  saying  that after becoming Doctor he will find a  job. This is my practical experience. 

Even qualified chartered accountants who are in practice specially in B-class cities are not happy with the working of the Institute. CPE hours have been lodged compulsorily on them  without making a proper scheduled  programs. Don't qualified CA have sense how to update their knowledge ?  It means training was lacking. Good faculties are not provided. Qualified CAs are generally appointed as speakers  who are not having good communication skills.  At the end of the lecture; almost all the time querries are never answered pretending shortage of time because programs are never started at schedule time. Then what is the use of such CPE programs. 

These faculties don't care for good presentation because they are paid nothing !

In this world; who will give you the best if he is not paid at all ?

Although it is also a fact that the cost of full CA is not at par with one year cost of a primary convent school and this is the reason that crowd is there. 

1 Like

Thomas (Audit Executive) (27 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

I will fully agree with you sir, when a Engg., & doctors cums out in lakhs every year in India why cn't the CA's??????? ................ hope dis will be considered by ICAI.

saroj ( Dedicated Article) (77 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Posting comments on CAclub india is not enough..............we should move on and lets do the things practically

1 Like

Honey Goyal (chartered acoountant) (26 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

@ PRABHAKAR SIR

I DEFINITELY AGREE WITH U SIR...................................

WHAT THE INSTITUTE WANTS .......IT SHOULD BE CLARIFIED TO ALL OF US???????

WHETHER IT WANTS MORE STUDENTS OR MORE MEMBERS

Anaya Kulkarni (Student) (66 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Personally, I'm pretty irritated with the zero transparancy of paper evaluation. If the standards are high enough to be trotted about, they should be good enough to let the world know how the work is being done. Despite all these stringent methods, scams, frauds etc aren't really going down, are they? The tough rules for articles are ununderstandable, to me at least. I've decided to give the november attempt of IPCC with full dedication, and despite that, if I fail, I'm going to switch lines to do something else. The profession simply does not seem worth it, to me. After all, not every successful person is a CA, and not every CA is successful. Lets see.

However, a big congo to all who've cleared.  :)

Replied 21 July 2010

And for everyone wondering about how MCQs can measure up to discripttive questions, here's how the CFA (USA) conducts its exams and how it tells students about the scores.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Financial_Analyst

Replied 21 July 2010

@ Aldrine: And the point that you wish to make is?

CA Student (Student) (33 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Now its high time, now member of the institute should take some action. As we all know, students do not have any power in this institute. They are just a puppet, whoever want to play with them or with their career they can. Its shame on ICAI. I request to members lease vote to some genuine people instead of these selfish persons.

munaa5113 (article) (49 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Originally posted by : jose.p            
Sir, wow. what an article. We should send this article to the icai officials who are sleeping.

G.R.KRITHIKA (ARTICLES) (357 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

With due respect for this course , i say this . Even the life saving Professional categories are well in their pass percentage. With just 3 % each year wat the good thing it seeks to find.?

The concept that atleast doctors save a life at a time but We by our judgement in finance are saving or rather protecting many lives . Agree to this but cant accept the pass percentage figure!!!!!!

NO one begs for marks or percentage but why not wat each student's deserves ? A few minute look on the paper should satisfy the evaluator !!!! Aren ca students appealing ???

Atleast judges have refernce before making decisions . We students make decisions based on professional training and judgement.

If this is the scenario NO wonder INDIA and we gonna stay DEVELOPING DEVELOPING DEVELOPING forever and drive home atleast those who had the thought of Makin India developed by 2010.  

1 Like

ANIRBAN DAS (CMA, B.Com, CA Final,) (1522 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

thank you sir! your article is very eye opening and must force the ICAI to look at its evaluation patterns that are ridiculous and very outdated and i don't know influenced by what? it is very dejecting.

Sujith (Student) (26 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Nicely written article,

there is no room for us to discuss this topic here in web-world

its just a psychological relief, 

we cant fight for this 

all the thing is "we have to bow our heads and study"

Seems Uttam Prakash Agarwal is far much better than current president !

Pranjal (Student CA IPC / IPCC) (531 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

At the outset please make me a candid confession.This is the most thoughtful post  I've since till now in caclubindia from a professional addressing probably a subject which every CA safely prefers to ignore.The way you've presented the facts with well thought out arguments speaks volumes how you're concerned with the future of profession in India.But sadly people like you don't go for occupying the decision making councils of the Institute because of which it is in shambles,we as students would like to see members like you to be the president or the chairman of BOS.As you know students' mails are hardly responded by the Institute,we would like to make such concerns know to the whos who of the Institute by members like you.Hope you would make all possible effort with the resources at your command to address the issue with the Institute.Else the time is not far when we would become laughing stocks before the students of other courses.

Rajiv (Finance) (200 Points)
Replied 21 July 2010

Originally posted by : G.R.KRITHIKA

With due respect for this course , i say this . Even the life saving Professional categories are well in their pass percentage. With just 3 % each year wat the good thing it seeks to find.?

The concept that atleast doctors save a life at a time but We by our judgement in finance are saving or rather protecting many lives . Agree to this but cant accept the pass percentage figure!!!!!!

NO one begs for marks or percentage but why not wat each student's deserves ? A few minute look on the paper should satisfy the evaluator !!!! Aren ca students appealing ???

Atleast judges have refernce before making decisions . We students make decisions based on professional training and judgement.

If this is the scenario NO wonder INDIA and we gonna stay DEVELOPING DEVELOPING DEVELOPING forever and drive home atleast those who had the thought of Makin India developed by 2010.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: