Refund by e-filing return

I work in an IT company. Here we mention our investments proofs etc to get tax exemption. Howver, this year I bought a new policy and paid its premium in March 2010. Hence, I wasn't able to show it in due time. As a result, my form-16 given to me by company will have more tax deducted than it would have been taking my new policy premium in account.

Hence, I have decided to show this premium amount while e-filing IT Return, calculate the new tax payable and apply for a refund. Howver, as far as I know, we must not send any proofs with ITR-V form when sending it to CPC,Bangalore.

My doubt is how and when will I be asked to furnish my investments proofs? Will it require me to goto Bangalore or just send my proofs by post? And is such case, whn can i expect to get refund?

Plz clarify my doubts. Thnks in advance.

Replies (2)

no need to send investment proof to banglore. u just have send acknowledgement(ITR-V). It needs to furnished only if IT Officer ask you to furnish(0.001% possibilities). u vil get refund within 2-3 months.

Another doubt.

For showing short term capital gains in Shares, I have to fill ITR-1 or 2?

And is there a special format to fill details of what all stocks I bought and sold to earn gain? Or I can just mention the net gain in Income from other sources. I come under 2-5Lacs band.

Plz reply.Thnks in advance.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details