Received itrv at different email address than given

I filed my returns and received my ITRV via email from incometaxefiling about 2 days later.

But, the ITRV came to a different email address than the one I gave in the form. 

For the past few years I have been using a new email address including for IT returns and received all communication correctly at this new address. But this time for some reason I received the ITRV at an old email address which I haven't used for quite some time. I have never used this email address anywhere in communication with IT Dept or TRACES or eFiling Intermediary etc.

The only way the IT Dept. could have had this address is that I have used it many years ago when applying for a PAN Card.

I dont know why it was used when I clearly used a different email address in the current returns and elsewhere. 

Can anyone please throw some light on why this could have happened?

Thank You.

 

Replies (1)

Hello,

It seems that the department has a different email address in their system. The e-mail address used while efiling and the one with the department can be different. What u can do in this case is .. Login to the site and update ur contact details under the profile settings tax. After that, check ur profile under View my profile and see that it has been updated or not.

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details