Khushboo (article assistant) 21 January 2019
I travelled to two different places in 2018.
1. can I claim LTA for the air tickets of both the places ?
2. if I can claim only for 1 place, then it can be claimed for return tickets or only one way ticket?
3. is there any monetary limit to claim the LTA other than the requirement that the air ticket should be of economy class?
CAclubindia Online Learning offers a wide variety of online classes and video lectures for various professional courses such as CA, CS, CMA, CISA as well as various certification courses on GST, Transfer Pricing, International Taxation, Excel, Tally, FM, Ind AS and more. know more
MOHAMMED IMRAN 21 January 2019
1. yes, you can claim exemption for LTC for the air ticket, an amount not exceeding the air economy fare of the national carrier by the shortest route to the place of destination
2. you can claim LTC for 2 journeys performed in a block of 4 calendar years (return ticket)
3. air economy fare of the NATIONAL CARRIER by the shortest route to the place of destination