Ratings for Coachings - I Smell a Rat and a Fish

Rineesh Raghavan (MD) (108 Points)

04 August 2010  

Hi all

Do you ever look at the ratings and reviews given to different coaching institutes in our website? I have always suspected if certain reviews were given by the coaching institute themselves. Most notably I smell too much of stink, rat and fish in these coaching institutes reviews -

1. Superwhizz

2. SREERAM COACHING (I have been a student here long back)

Both the institute's reviews are manipulated by the institutes themselves. I rarely see any Superwhizz reviewers to participate in the forum discussions. Most of these reviews are just created by one time users, who abscond or disappear after giving such a glowing tribute to their institute!!!!

Sreeram is the worst. I cannot believe that it can stoop to such low levels, and that too with zero creativity. Look at the reviews, and you'll find similar writing style in all the reviews.

There may be other institutes also which I would have missed, which you might highlight.

One more thing. The ratings get added up even if somebody gives "VERY POOR". Which means SIX VERY POOR ratings will fetch 6 points, whereas one EXCELLENT Ratings gets only 5 Points. Why don't the moderators make it an average (Total Points Divided by Number of Votes), which should even out such absurdities.

Would like to have your views guys.

Let the war begin. ;)

Rineesh