Puneet gupta (all india 4th rank ca ipcc may 2011)

CA Karishma (Teacher/Motivator) (690 Points)

02 October 2011  

Puneet Gupta from Hyderabad had secured All India 4th Rank in CA IPCC May 2011. He believes in hard work, Planning and Determination. Read more about his achievement.

1: Why did you opt for CA?
Due to my keen interest in Mathematics and my desire to learn accountancy prompted me to opt for MEC during my intermediate. Later, knowing the bright prospects and the knowledge one acquires through the course, I joined CA.

2: How would you rank the difficulty level of CA on a scale of 1 to 10?

Being a Ca student it is not reasonable for me to rate the course on the whole. However based on my experience in CPT and IPCC I may consider them to be at a moderate level.

3: Tell us about your life as a student.
As a student I always ensured that I enjoyed life without compromising with my studies.As a result I was able to perform well at all levels till date.Applying the same principles in CA i have been able to achieve the success I desired for.

4: Did you take coaching anywhere? If yes, where?
I took my CA coaching from TAPASYA ACADEMY at both CPT and IPCC levels

5: How did you deal with most difficult subjects?

Being good at practical subjects, I spent more time on learning and revising theory subjects.I preferred to refer reference books on matter that were more complicated and difficult to understand

6: Which reference books you followed?
My basic preference was the material given by my coaching institute and ICAI. However I referred the following other books

Law – Munish Bandari
Tax – Singhania

7: How did you prepare for the exams?
After completion of the coaching classes in mid February, I spent most of my time with my books. However it is the individual’s capacity which should be considered for allotment of time.

8: Would you like to share your inside secret of what helped you fetch a rank?

The answer is Hard work, Planning and Determination. I was always determined to get a good result and ensured that I put my best efforts towards it.

9: Any tips for CA aspirants?
I have noticed that CA students take more stress as the examinations approach. So I would advice them to plan their time properly and study in accordance with their strengths and weaknesses. i would also advice them to keep a buffer time in their schedule so that they can manage any emergencies and reduce the level of stress

10: Who was the inspiration behind your success?
The biggest inspiration behind my success was the hope my parents had on me. This inspired me to work harder and fulfill the dreams they had for me.