PPF benefit for huf

I have a PPF account in my name for which I avail benefit u/s 80c for my personal income tax return. I also have a PPF account in name of my minor son premium for which I pay from my huf bank account. can I avail tax benefit u/s 80c for premium paid to PPF account which is in name of my minor son in huf tax return?
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether an HUF can claim tax benefits under Section 80C for premiums paid into a PPF account opened in the name of a minor son. The consensus is that an HUF cannot open a PPF account in its own name, nor can it claim deductions for premiums paid for a minor son's PPF account under Section 80C.

HUF can not claim PPF deduction (paid in respect of minor son) under 80C

what are the benefits of opening a PPF Account in the name of HUF

PPF account can not be opened in Name of HUF

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details