Can I pursue articleship alongside a regular full-time LLB? (Form 112 query)

Hello everyone,

I am currently preparing for CAFC May 2027 and plan to pursue an LLB alongside my CA studies.

My question is whether it is possible to complete articleship while attending a regular, full-time law school such as Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU). When I fill out Form 112, will my registration be accepted or rejected if I am enrolled in a regular college?

Also, is it worth compromising on the college itself and choosing one with no attendance requirement or more relaxed policies, so that articleship is easier to manage?

I don't have much knowledge about how Form 112 works or what criteria ICAI applies, so I'm reaching out to the members of CAclubindia for guidance. If you have gone through this yourself, or know someone who has, I would really appreciate hearing about your experience.

Thank you for your time and help

 

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores the feasibility of undertaking a regular, full-time LLB degree concurrently with CA articleship. The consensus is that ICAI typically prohibits this due to clashing daytime commitments, potentially leading to Form 112 rejection. Students are advised to either complete their law degree first or opt for a flexible law course with adjusted timings that doesn't conflict with articleship hours.

Attempting a full-time regular LLB at a university like MNLU while registered for CA articleship is not permitted by ICAI due to clashing daytime schedules, resulting in Form 112 rejection. Students must choose between delaying their articleship until after completing a rigorous law degree or finding a specialized morning/evening law college that fulfills strict BCI attendance mandates without overlapping with CA office hours.

Noted, thank you so much.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details