Please help me.what should i do :( disheartened

Chartered Accountant (Hope)     02 February 2014

Chartered Accountant
Hope 
 12 likes  116 points

| My Other Post

from the past one year i visit this site regularly and the downloaded many files and read many articles in this club. 

after failing twice in IPCC exams i don't know what's wrong with me.I joined this site today to express and to seek help from you all. i joined ipcc by direct entry route in august 2012.

Members plz help me,suggest me on my circumstance/situation also, iseek your advice/suggestion very much,right now Iam quite depressed and not able to do any work. 

My may 2013 result :
Accounts-49
Law-        51
CAFM - 38 
Taxation-47. Total 185

Advanced Accounts 23
Audit- 33
ITSM - 37. total 93
After this first failure , i anyhow manged to cope up and strted regular studies and planned for one group this tym,that Iwill focus on one group and will pass as my costing was quite weak.Iprepared for exams, took leave from office and gave the mock test held by ICAI.
Appeared in November 2013exam.
Marks are 
Accounts: 41 
Law :42 
CAFM:49 
Taxation:47. total 179 

I was Totally shattered after the results that my result dipped down. 
How to re-start it again,I am finding it verydifficult.

Helper 360 (student)     02 February 2014

Helper 360
student 
 21 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Next time first thing u should do is to write both groups.. Practise all questions of material,practice manuals,pevious years and RTPs... U have improved in coting which is great thng.. continue ur efforts and study hard.. Success may be delayed.. but not denied :)

avater

Chartered Accountant
Hope 
 12 likes  116 points

But i scored very less marks ccomparitivly to may2013. 
Ifelt may paper was quite good, and november papers are tough. i did my self every subject, SM+PM+RTP+Mock . after that also i failed badly

avater

Sreenivas (Student CA IPC / IPCC)     02 February 2014

Sreenivas
Student CA IPC / IPCC 
 5 likes  49 points

@ ca aspirant, don' t compare your previous score with recent one. It is one of the quality for student to be depressed.

avater

CA Piyush Jhawar (Chartered Accountant)     02 February 2014

CA Piyush Jhawar
Chartered Accountant 
 63 likes  545 points

@ CA Aspirant

Look I've met with failure too.It's not a pretty scene staring at it on the face.But get down to your studies in a few days.Change your strategies in a few subjects.Gather good notes.Study them thoroughly.Leave no stone unturned.

I'll tell you something about myself.I cleared IPCC on my 3rd attempt, and today i'm happily a final student.Thats becuase I did't lose hope.I always stuck to the goal that i have.After my CA final results were announced I was dejected again because I was expecting to really clear it this time but fate probably wants bigger things from us so thats why we sometimes fail to cross the bridge.It's not just us, bigger stars are born from failure.Take J.K.Rowling(My idol!) for example, she was rejected umpteen times before her book was finally published.Now I'm not saying it's ok that we failed.I'm not rying to prove anything, but just the fact that sometimes life pushes us into tough situations only so we can become stronger.

So thats just about it.Let me know if you wanna know about any good books for any particular subject, will be happy to help!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-jwWYX7Jlo

watch that video, it's really inspiring.

3 Like

Back in the Game (a)     02 February 2014

Back in the Game
a 
 159 likes  1247 points

As long as you are in the Range of 175 to 195 ,you are always in the game.

Dont get disheartened,victory soon Shall be yours.You will cross that 200 mark.

Patience and Persevere.

Good luck.

1 Like
avater

Aarav (Business)     02 February 2014

Aarav
Business 
 2 likes  43 points

first of all remove  any disappointment from your mind......since u are scoring in range of 175-190 that means u are very close just some changes requires in ur study paatern thats its...have faith in ur selves

avater

Chartered Accountant
Hope 
 12 likes  116 points

@ piyush jhawar - I want to know about standard reference booksnow. I m ok with GroupI books. want to know about grp II books, so that ican strt with themthis time and prepare well. 
Ihave did all the subjects via study material and practice manual only for grp I,Girish Ahuja textbook for tax. that's it. 

avater

Chartered Accountant
Hope 
 12 likes  116 points

@ the battle & & aarav - But the range i am in is not good if i don't clear in next attempts also. see I am comparing themwithmy last attempt becoz myaccounts and law had dipped down. costing me hi progress hai. 
from where should i strt ? i don't know wher m i lacking, presentation orconcepts or what/.. 
should i applyfor verification ? and certified copy this time tosee how they award marks ? 

avater

CA Piyush Jhawar (Chartered Accountant)     02 February 2014

CA Piyush Jhawar
Chartered Accountant 
 63 likes  545 points

@ Aspirant

You should reffer the practise manuals and scanners for IT-SM.If there is any topic you can't understand then reffer Dinesh Madan.Both of them are crucial for your exams because you might not be able to mug up everything in the Institutes language as you won't understand them, so Dinseh Madan comes handy when you wan't to understand stuff on IT-SM.It's like the jack in your pack of cards.

For Auditing Standards try having a look at D.S.Rawat Student's guide to Auditing Standards for IPCC.It's in a very simplified language and very good for deep understanding.For the rest of the chapters you could go through Surbhi Bansal's Handbook for auditing.

For Advanced Accounts I took classes, so I just went through my teachers notes exhaustively about twice before the exams (Yes I was giving both groups together).

My scores reffering these books were Adv Accs-72 Auditing-55 and IT-SM-60 

So I hope this cocktail should work for you too.

P.S-I think Ahuja Sir's book is great, I studied tax from his book to and managed another exemption in it, so you could safely stick to it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here