Paying tax demand on rectified itr2

I had filed e-returns for AY2010-11 and had received a demand notice originally for around INR 2500. I had noticed that there were some calculation errors in the department's computation and in my calculation the demand should have been around INR 850. So I made an additional self-assessment tax payment online for the additional 850 in August 2012 and had filed a rectification request in August 2012 with updated figures for self-assessment tax.

Now I have received the rectified ITR2 but the additional INR 850 I had paid in August 2012 is not allowed in the new computation u/s 154 and the rectified ITR2 has a tax payable demand for INR 1000. Is there some way I can get the additional 850 paid credited against this new demand of 1000 and pay only the remainder 150? What do I need to do to ensure that the 850 is recorded in their systems as amount paid against demand raised?

Thanks for your advise in advance

Satyajit

 

 

Replies (1)

Your paid 850 rs can be seen in 26AS for confirmation.

Further in computation u/s 154 

Demand is shown after deducting advance tax, tds, tcs, self assessment tax...

so your paid amount on regular assessment will not be shown in 154 computation..

In renewed income tax website you can check the arrear of demand with income tax department.

I hope your problem has been solved.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details