LCI Learning

Nov 11 - costing paper review

Page no : 5

VIKAS GUPTA (CA-FINAL) (56 Points)
Replied 11 November 2011

Originally posted by : Harish Suwalka

Originally posted by : Pranjal Dhariwal

Originally posted by : VIKAS GUPTA

Q3(a):-  i) In this question if company apply ABC costing then Company incured loss of Rs.(120000-105000)=15000. So not better for company to implement ABC

ii) in second part if90000 dep amount then after implementation of ABC company's profit (105000+90000-120000)= 75000. If Company Implement ABC then it is helpful to findout correct profit of different product and take approprate action to remove variance... Like that

Also where did you get profit of 105000??? or contribution what ever it is...? 20000 units X 45 or 60 will be the profit i guess

45 and 60 are per unit profit! incase you have taken 45+60=105 as profit...

leave it yaar.. apni to lag hi gayi.. ab vikas ke exemption ke sapne ko bhi todoge kya !

Exemption.......hehe:)

ye to tab aayege jab maine exam deya hoga..... maine to just practice ke leya solve keya tha paper.....may 12 mai both grp attempt hai mere

Surendra Agarwal (MANAGER FINANCE AND BUSINESS PLANNIN)   (289 Points)
Replied 11 November 2011

I have prepared frm sanjay agarwal's classes and read module for concept. . . . . . .

Neha Desai (Finance Analyst) (100 Points)
Replied 11 November 2011

Originally posted by : roopak

Qs4b ka 514 ans galat hai...
Usem room rent n local bus fare are step cost related concept..

oh... :-(

But when you manually try to tally the answer 514 students does cross BEP??? Kuch aur he funda hai kya?

BEP is 513 children....but considering the "Step cost" aspect....the rounding off number is "516" children.

CA Sumit Shastri (Chartered Accountant) (57 Points)
Replied 11 November 2011

i dont agree with the discussion on costing paper stating it tough, it was an easy paper, standard costing, budgeting, theory, assignment, and cvp analysis was like a free lunch, so the paper as whole apart from cpm-pert and lpp was damm easy but little tricky preperation 10-15 day may give u good marks

(Guest)
Cost ka paper tough hi ata hai. Ab isca ke paper teyari karo.

Mayank kharbanda (Risk Advisory Services) (409 Points)
Replied 11 November 2011

I'm still not able to come out of two questions.....dey are constantly buzzing my brain.

1 voh ABC vala....maine toh theory questiona bana dala use... :p

nd the othr one was quickcomp fastercomp.

kya answer hai inka....

CA Sumit Shastri (Chartered Accountant) (57 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

mayank, same with me , maine b abc wale ques ko theoritically hi kiya hai, but the main reason for that was mere pass only 7 min bache the use karne ko

CA Pranjal Dhariwal (Business) (248 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Originally posted by : Neha Desai

BEP is 513 children....but considering the "Step cost" aspect....the rounding off number is "516" children.

oh..... But again, Why 516 children when profitability is achieved at 514 children??? surprise There was nothing in question stating children should be in proportion of something or anything like that.

Kind attention - Sumit: Seems you did paper very well, what do you say? 514 or 516? And why is step costing required when answer comes directly??

CA Anuj (Chartered Accountant) (230 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

ABC was a theory ques. Seems the figures were given only for making confusion. Since both the product passes through same activities, there is no reason of making a ABC as activity cost will always be distributed in the ration of production.

Satyan Rohilla (CA (Final) Student) (119 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

I agree with ANuj and have written the same kind of answer as quoted by ANuj...

What ur take guys?

S.Ramkumar (Final Student) (114 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Originally posted by : Neha Desai

Originally posted by : roopak

Qs4b ka 514 ans galat hai...
Usem room rent n local bus fare are step cost related concept..

oh... :-(

But when you manually try to tally the answer 514 students does cross BEP??? Kuch aur he funda hai kya?

Agreeing with you

Neha Desai (Finance Analyst) (100 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

Thanks S. Ramkumar,  for expressing your views of agreement on 516 children.It is the multiple of 6 ( local transport cost ), the closest divisible number is taken.

Gaurav Kapoor (student Final) (205 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

514 is correct answer. though i have written my view about 516 also in the exam to make the examiner know my thinking.hope he would give me full for this..

CA Ghanshyam Joshi (CA, Dip IFR (ACCA UK)) (3229 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

FRNDS FROM MY PAST EXPERIENCE, I CAN SURELY SAY THAT ICAI MODULE IS THE BEST WAY TO GET EXEMPTION IN COSTING! I HAD EXEMPTION THRU STUDY FROM MODULE AND WITHOUT ANY CLASS.

CA Ghanshyam Joshi (CA, Dip IFR (ACCA UK)) (3229 Points)
Replied 12 November 2011

UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPTS, READ AND UNDERSTAND THE THEROY OF EACH CHAPTER... IT WILL HELP U IN GETTING CONCEPTUAL CLARITY PLUS COMMAND ON THE SUBJECT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: