what exactly a unit (mutual funds) mean???
The Unit is just as shares represent the extent of equity ownership in a company, units represent your extent of ownership in a mutual fund.
Definition of unit can be “Just as shares represent the extent of equity ownership in a company, units represent your extent of ownership in a mutual fund”. I came across unit when I opted for SIP from Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund and I am pretty happy with the range of benefits they are offering.
Unit is a quantity on mutual funds. I agree it represents your extent of ownership in a mutual fund.
Rabindra has summed up pretty well about unit mutual fund. I only know that mutual fund is a collection of bonds or stocks.
When you start off with your investing dreams in mutual funds, you tend to come across the term NAV a lot.
https://holisticinvestment.in/blog/what-you-need-to-know-about-mutual-fund-nav/
Regards
Ramalingam K, MBA, CFP,
Director and Chief Financial Planner,
Holistic Investment Planners
“Best Performing Financial Advisor Award” Winners from CNBC TV18
www.holisticinvestment.in
In Short, Mutual fund is an investment programme funded by shareholders that trades in diversified holdings and is professionally managed.
Thanks for asking !
CFP VIDEO CLASSES FOR ALL THE MODULES
These lectures and case studies covers the curriculum prescribed by FPSB(India)
It covers over 70 hours of video
It has more than 150 topics/videos discussed
It has more than 20 case studies solved in real-time along with financial calculator along with notes provided
The videos are provided in a 16GB pen drive for easy viewing of videos
Module 1 : Introduction to Financial Planning.
Module 2 : Risk Analysis and Insurance Planning.
Module 3 : Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits.
Module 4 : Investment Planning.
Module 5 : Tax and Estate Planning.
Module 6 : Advanced Financial Planning.
Contact :jaymbaca16 @ gmail.com
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies
Click here to Login / Register
CCI
Pro
India's largest network for
finance professionals