Missed invoices in octboer 3b

Hi,

I've missed 3 Purchae Invoices while Filing GSTR 3B for the month of October 2017.

Should I claim the ITC in the month of November. Or do I wait for GSTR2 for the Month of Nov 17. If so, when do I get input?

 

Replies (8)
Claim it in the month of November.
OR
Correct it in GSTR-2 whenever it will start

It is possible to do both? If so, I'd like to claim it in November 3B. 

But how will that effect while GSTR3 as both months will show a mismatch.

Yes you can do both...

3B is only provisional return, you have to correct details in GSTR-3.

Okay.

Thanks Rashmi.

For now I'll take input in November. and then file corrected October  3.

I think that will offset the excess input claimed in November and the difference will be zero. That should not result in any penalities right?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

GSTR 2 and 3 is not available in FY 17-18.
So, You ll be file the missed invoices in November GSTR 3B return...
No more restriction...

hello,

I faced the same issue.. I forgot to claim ITC on 2 purchase invoices from the month of october in gstr 3B . I came to know this after filing 3B for december. M i suppose to wait for GSTR-2 filing ? Please help. Thanks in advance

YOU CAN CLAIM THE INPUT WHICH WAS NOT CLAIMED EARLIER IN SUBSEQUENT MONTHS, I.E., INPUT UNCLAIMED IN OCTOBER CAN BE CLAIMED IN ANY OF THE SUBSEQUENT RETURNS OF DEC/JAN/FEB/...

DID YOU MEAN I CAN CLAIM ITC OF OCTOBER IN JANUARY 3B..? IF YES, HOW?

CAN YOU ELABORATE A BIT ON THAT..?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details