Message from president about cpt exemtion,cpt result

Akash (CA Final Article Assistant)   (1671 Points)

29 June 2011  

Initiatives for Students

Entry Requirement for CA Course:
Our members must be aware that, pursuant to a Council decision, a group under the convenership of my Central Council colleague CA. Abhijit Bandyopadhyay was constituted to review entry requirements for Chartered Accountancy course. I am happy to inform you that the Group placed its recommendations at the Council meeting recently for its consideration. The ICAI Council has decided that Commerce and non- Commerce graduates with 55 and 60 per cent marks respectively in aggregate should be exempted from Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and such students would be allowed direct entry to articleship training. It was also decided that candidates who have passed the intermediate level examination of ICWAI/ICSI are exempted from CPT and they will be allowed to join articleship training only after passing first group (Group I) of IPCC examination. Students who wish to pursue Accounting Technician Course of the Institute would also be exempted to appear in the CPT. The matter has been placed before the government for consideration and issuance of necessary notification in this regard.

Extension in IPCC Registration Deadline:
As the members are aware, the results of the CPT examination held on 19th June 2011, would be declared in July 2011. In terms of Regulation 28E, no candidate is admitted to the IPC Examination, inter alia, unless she/he undergoes a study course for a period of not less than nine months. Accordingly, candidates who achieve success in the CPT examination in June 2011 will be required to register themselves for the IPCC by 1st August, 2011. Thus, only a period of about 15 days would be available to the concerned persons provided the results of CPT in June are declared on 15th July without delay under any circumstances. Considering recent experiences in the past and provision of adequate time for registration, deadline for IPCC registration has been extended to 16th August, 2011.

Join CA Educational Loan Scheme: 
This is to inform our student community that we have sent request to chief managing directors (CMDs) of public-sector banks for sanctioning a loan of Rs 2 lakh to CA students as educational loan under the Join CA Educational Loan scheme, when they approach any of such banks towards financial help for the completion of their CA education/training. In this regard, I am happy to acknowledge that the Bank of Maharashtra has informed us that education loan assistance is already available for CA course under priority sector lending at their branches and a similar response has been received from the Oriental Bank of Commerce also. Further, the IDBI bank has come out with an Education Loan Scheme specifically structured for the students pursuing CA Course.

Convocations in 2011:
Taking the new tradition forward to bring new members of the Institute under the umbrella of the accounting fraternity and foster a feeling of belonging-ness to the Institute, we are organising Convocation 2011 in Delhi, Chandigarh, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kanpur and Jaipur this year. Around 5,731 members enrolled up to March 2011 will be awarded membership certificates besides merit certificates. I am happy to note that a large number of new members have shown keen interest in attending their convocation. I am sure the moments of the conferment of membership will be cherished by the participating members for life.