GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support,whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naga laxmi (CA )     06 January 2010

MEMORY TIPS

Hi,

I need some memory tips..because while readiing I feel like I got the topic but after 1/2 days again it looks like reading for first time..

I was so confident while reading LAW for Nov 09 exams but I REALISED only in the exam hall that I dit not remember properly..

Please advice..

laxmi

51 Replies

Ankur Garg

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     06 January 2010

Hello Laxmi,

Find below some useful tips as desired by you:

1. First and most important point to improve your memory is focus on conceputal study.  

2. Another suggestion would focus on regular study and say bye bye to cramming.

3. Prepare short notes (single page) and paste them in your room (preferably on wall).

4. Study according to your plan.

5. Use abbreviation method. If you have 10 points to remember in a question give them a certain abbreviation and remember that abbreviation. See the example below:

In section 293 of Companies Act, 1956 there are 5 clauses from (a) to (e). My abbreviation to remember these 5 clauses is “SRIBC”. S=Sell/R=Remit/I=Invest/B=Borrow/C=Contribute. Have a look at Section-293 and verify yourself.

6. Have a one hour group discussion with your friends regarding selected exam oriented important topic. Discuss all the theoretical and practical aspects about that selected topic.

7. Try and workout on your recalling power.

8. Last but not the least forget that your need memory tips to perform well in your exam.

Best Regards

25 Like
Ankur Garg

ATLAS STUDY METHOD:

This method is completely developed and named by me and is extremely helpful for fetching good marks.

ATLAS STANDS FOR “AT LAST”. There are always some questions, formulas, Sections and case laws which we simply fail to recall in exam hall. According to this method if you find anything very difficult to remember then after preparing the same topic once or twice put it in the ATLAS. Keep putting difficult topics in ATLAS till exam date. There would be a different ATLAS for law, audit, accounts etc. Now 1.5 hour before leaving your home for examination hall open ATLAS question list and revise it properly or give it a special reading. Now if you find any question from ATLAS in the exam paper it would be very easy for you to answer as you specially revise it just 2-3 hours back and your confidence level will automatically increase in the beginning of exam. What say???

Keep review your ATLAS list and modify it accordingly. If initially you put any question in ATLAS and now you are confident enough about that particular question you can remove that question from ATLAS. Don’t put easy and non important questions in ATLAS as this concept is for revising extra-ordinary important questions just 2-3 hours before examination. If you need any help understanding this method please let me know.

Hope this discussion would be off some help.

Best Regards

20 Like
Naga laxmi

Naga laxmi (CA )     06 January 2010

Hi Ankur,

Thank you very much for valuable suggestions...it is very useful

laxmi

Ankur Garg

Thanks very much members for the kind gesture.

6 Like
Rahul Bansal

Rahul Bansal (Finalist)     06 January 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg
Hello Laxmi,

Find below some useful tips as desired by you:
1. First and most important point to improve your memory is focus on conceputal study.  
2. Another suggestion would focus on regular study and say bye bye to cramming.
3. Prepare short notes (single page) and paste them in your room (preferably on wall).
4. Study according to your plan.
5. Use abbreviation method. If you have 10 points to remember in a question give them a certain abbreviation and remember that abbreviation. See the example below:
In section 293 of Companies Act, 1956 there are 5 clauses from (a) to (e). My abbreviation to remember these 5 clauses is “SRIBC”. S=Sell/R=Remit/I=Invest/B=Borrow/C=Contribute. Have a look at Section-293 and verify yourself.
6. Have a one hour group discussion with your friends regarding selected exam oriented important topic. Discuss all the theoretical and practical aspects about that selected topic.
7. Try and workout on your recalling power.
8. Last but not the least forget that your need memory tips to perform well in your exam.

Best Regards

thanks a lot sir

Ankur Garg

Thanks Rahul for the comment 

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Ankur Garg
ATLAS STUDY METHOD:
This method is completely developed and named by me and is extremely helpful for fetching good marks.
ATLAS STANDS FOR “AT LAST”. There are always some questions, formulas, Sections and case laws which we simply fail to recall in exam hall. According to this method if you find anything very difficult to remember then after preparing the same topic once or twice put it in the ATLAS. Keep putting difficult topics in ATLAS till exam date. There would be a different ATLAS for law, audit, accounts etc. Now 1.5 hour before leaving your home for examination hall open ATLAS question list and revise it properly or give it a special reading. Now if you find any question from ATLAS in the exam paper it would be very easy for you to answer as you specially revise it just 2-3 hours back and your confidence level will automatically increase in the beginning of exam. What say???
Keep review your ATLAS list and modify it accordingly. If initially you put any question in ATLAS and now you are confident enough about that particular question you can remove that question from ATLAS. Don’t put easy and non important questions in ATLAS as this concept is for revising extra-ordinary important questions just 2-3 hours before examination. If you need any help understanding this method please let me know.
Hope this discussion would be off some help.
Best Regards

Wow,this is a cool method Ankurji...!!

Thanks a lot...I also downloaded ur latest case laws for compoany law,income tax,etc...u have a fantastic handwriting(if u had written it)..i wish my stupid handwriting were like urs!!!

Thanks for everything!

1 Like
Ankur Garg

Hi Priya,

100% my handwriting yaar and also a big reason behind my success. Anyways thanks for appreciation. Keep rocking in your study.

1 Like

(Guest)

good tips

(Guest)

Thanks for ur valuable suggestion. ATLAS MEthod is superb i try to follow this method

Nataraj

Nataraj (CA Final)     06 January 2010

Thanks Ankur for your valuable suggestions!!! 

Ashish Kr Mishra

Ashish Kr Mishra (CA-final & CS-final)     06 January 2010

Ankur u r awesome. I have joined caclubindia just and became ur fan. I havent missed ur any article n advice too. Thanks....

CA.ViVeK M ACA

CA.ViVeK M ACA (ACCOUNTS DEPARTMENT)     06 January 2010

Do you know one fact. If you study in the first time , the same will be stored in the short term memory.After the periodic revision , it will goes to the  long term memory.

following steps is needed for effective remembering

Step 1 Read the portion (With full focus)

Step 2 Understand the matter

step 3 Note in a book what you have understood

Step 4 Memorise what you have noted

step 5 Revise the matter you have noted

This method involves consuming of the time initailly, but bit effective in the later point of time

many of the students adopts just read and understand the concept,this will enable quick study, but forgeting the same in the later point of time

there is two options involves

option 1 save time now and consume it later

option 2 consume tim later

2 Like
ramajayam

ramajayam (ARTILCE)     07 January 2010

nice ane

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion