ITR filing related query

I had a firm which was closed 5 years back. since then I stopped filing returns. Now I'm thinking to start filing my returns again. I'm not having any major income, just saving bank interests. Is there any issue in filing returns because I've not filed for previous 5years?
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses concerns about resuming Income Tax Return (ITR) filing after a five-year gap, particularly when only having bank interest income. It clarifies that filing is mandatory only if income exceeds the basic exemption limit. The conversation also covers how to declare gifts received from relatives in the ITR, confirming they are exempt and should be shown under 'income from other sources' as gifts received.

No.. ITR is mandatory if you have income more than the basic exemption limit, since in past you don't have you don't need to worry....
Eny extended in due date in A/Y 2019-2020
Thankyou sir, I've one more doubt plz confirm.
Sir I've received 1lakh from relative and since money received from relative is wholly exempt, it shouldn't be taxable in ITR. So if I'm not showing 1 lakh as any income in ITR, whether I'll be receiving notice from dept.?
Show in income from other sources as gift received from relatives.
then tick on exempt.
it will automatically be exempted then and not included in your gti computation.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details