Easy Office

ITR 2 validation issue

Page no : 3

Ankit (Manager) (22 Points)
Replied 13 September 2021

Getting same Error.. Validation succeeds but when it reaches verification page, throws an error. Can we try this workaround:

Making dividend income as 0
and In income from other sources, select Others and then mentioned dividend income as the descripttion and add the respective income.

Any views?

Prashant (Vice President) (37 Points)
Replied 13 September 2021

Here is a workaround though I'm not too sure of what other complications it can create.  In Schedule OS, Section 2, create a dummy entry for sub-part (f) (Amount included in 1 & 2 above which is chargeable at special rates in India as per DTAA).  All amount values in this entry must be zero.  The catch is that there are some mandatory fields like Country, Article, etc. which would need some valid values, even though the amount is zero.  Once this element is added to Schedule OS, the error goes away (I can kind of pinpoint the coding error why this is happening, based on this - something very basic!).  The worry I have is that the return will have this entry under Section 2 of Schedule OS, even though the amount is zero, there will be a reference to a country and an Article and not sure if that will create issues later.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/itr-2-validation-errors-577870.asp

Vinod Kumar (ABC) (118 Points)
Replied 10 October 2021

Dividend validation issue is fixed . I was able to verify and submit my return. 

kalyani p (4 Points)
Replied 26 October 2021

I too got the error, but I gave split up of dividend received as per quarterly intervals. Then the validation went through. For the quarter selection, don't go by credit to your account but go by payment indicated by the company 

I hope this suggestion works.

kalyani p (4 Points)
Replied 26 October 2021

I too got the error, but I gave split up of dividend received as per quarterly intervals. Then the validation went through. For the quarter selection, don't go by credit to your account but go by payment indicated by the company 

I hope this suggestion works.

Yogita Sharma (2 Points)
Replied 12 December 2021

Hi, Click on the validation error page, it will take you to screen where quarter wise bifurcation of capital gain is to be provided. Add the same and confirm. Validation error will be resolved.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: