Income tax refund cheque bears different PAN number

Hi,

I recently received income tax refund order for AY 2008-09. I had two PAN numbers at that point of time; and the return was filed in the OLD PAN number; however later on realising my mistake I surrendered the OLD PAN card and am using the NEW PAN card ever since. Now the refund order which I have received bears the OLD PAN card number; additionally it also has my bank account number mentioned on it which is correctly mentioned.

But the bank account is registered in my NEW PAN number.

Please advise if I can encash the cheque given the above scenario. Thanks for prompt replies.

Replies (1)

 

Cheque can encash not matter or new or old PAN. Don’t worry you surrender your old PAN after filing return. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details