Income tax for arrears

I am a senior citizen (65)

I was sanctioned a monthly pension of Rs 50,000/= from 01/04/2018

This was paid from July 2019 with arrears from the former date and continue to be paid
The DDO is deducting income Tax for the entire amount as if the pension pertains to this year only
though it pertains to previous financial year also
can I save tax and to what extent and how
I have no other income
Replies (1)

While filing ITR for AY 2020-21, (i.e. for FY 2019-20), claim relief u/s. 89 of IT act, by filing form 10E. 

For details refer::  filing-form-10e-claim-relief-section-89-1

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details