Easy Office
LCI Learning

ICWAI Salary

Page no : 3

Purnangshu Roy (No) (84 Points)
Replied 28 May 2011

I am doing CWA and CS Final . Can U tell how I can make strong my profile . I have 3 years work experience in accounts and finance field . Please give me good advise . I am planning to do CIMA . After completion CWA course . Please help wheter my deceison wrong or correct ?

yogesh (Student Others) (32 Points)
Replied 15 December 2012

Originally posted by : Suman Kumar Verma

Dear Sunil , As I am a qualified Cost Accountant , I will suggest you to have knowledge of SAP or other ERP and than forward your resume anywehre

For your knowledge I would like to inform you that I am getting 63000/- p.m.as a manager accounts , I am having 6 years of experience in ACCt and MIS ( A hand on SAP FICO) . SO be postive and worked hard

Hello,Sir  I am  considering ICWAI as course although it is professional course it give's liberty to some one like me to get exemption from articalship . I can devote around 3 hrs for sure on daily basis for my studies & on weekly off's i can devote around 8 to 10 hrs . I am working for fraud management control as its operations dept it functions 24hrs & 7 days a week with one of the telecom companies in Bombay .But i am determine to get professional qualification to move ahead in professional life .  I can't afford to Do CA & get less Salary during articalship of CA & Dummy Artical ship will not help in long run & more over its not fair practice which may land me into trouble in future . How about studying Cost & management accountant from ICWAI ? Is it ok if i take coaching as i am non commerce student ? I have also thought of doing MBA through distance learning simultaneously & may be in Banking or finance or in pure finance . My goal is to land into Job's of KPO firms as it offer's systematic approach of conducting business & working . Please suggest if there are any other option i can consider after ICWAI as i know very little about it . Can you also suggest some referance books for new syllabus of ICWAI effective December 2012 . Below are the subjects for group 1 of Intermediate Course 1)Financial accounting 2)Laws , Ethics & Governance 3)Direct Taxation 4)Cost Accounting & Financial Management . Awaiting your reply Sir . Regards Yogesh. May GOD bless you. :=)

Jag Bhushan Sharma (Faculty in a B-School) (633 Points)
Replied 05 January 2013

Dear Sunil, I am also a Cost Accountant and has worked in Accounts departments of Trade Development Authority and Association of Indian Universities (both quasi government organisations) and now I am a faculty in a business school. My view is since you have already invested four years in Taxation etc., no you should continue in that field. No point in shifting to other field i.e. costing. Moreover with this you have more job opportunities also. My experience says that employers look more at your knowledge and confidence and less on whether you are CA or CWA. I am attaching a link for Accounts useful for CPT and IPCC. You are requested to give your kind feedback. https://www.youtube.com/user/JBSCLASSES?feature=mhee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: