ICWA ARTICLESHIP TRAINING vs. CA ARTICLESHIP TRAINING

avater

CMA Arif Farooqui (Cost Accountant)     10 May 2010

CMA Arif Farooqui
Cost Accountant 
 227 likes  4788 points

View Profile | My Other Post

dear Ravi,

i asked about dummy articleship because some members discussed it through this forum. and i am not saying that every body providing dummy .  please read, i said" it is very said to say that some members". truth must be know. i think most of member known that dummy is given on monthly payment too. first we must know deases so that we can treat it.

i just wanted to say because of these members traning is losing its objectives, this does not mean that traning is wothless or all members are same.

secondly, i am not comparing traning of CA/CWA or saying that CWA traning is better, topic is to discuss positives and negatives of traning and same is applicable to both CA/CWA traning.

problem is restiction on transfer, if principle has not enough work, punisment is given to his article who was just 12 std passed student at the time of inroling for articleship.

objectives of CA traning is no doubts good that is why CWA too implemented article traning.

1 Like
avater

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA)     10 May 2010

CA Ravi Sisodia
CA CS CMA 
 3236 likes  32211 points

Dear Arif ji ,

in every profession some bad thinks are their but we can avoide that for batterment of profession.

1 Like
avater

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat)     10 May 2010

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA
Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

Thanks caclubindia that due to open forum we can discuss issues like dummy articleship which flourished in small cities where  many  members don't have  enough work but still can register 10 students.

These members get encashment from students (Leave Encashment or Live Encashment ?). It shows that REPORTING REQUIREMENT OF ARTICLE TRAINING has major  lapses.

There is no doubt that if CA articleship training is fine enough which ensures bright career.

But I ask how many students get fine training looking to the huge number of students? 

Almost 70% of  CA Firms run in proprietor form.  Others are also in the format of CAPACITY BUILDING FOR THE SAKE OF BANK AUDITS ETC only. 

Commencement of articled training on  CPT base was one of the worst experience for CA students. Because students could not fill the gap of School Education with Professional Education.

Hence students were not matured for CA training. By the time they matured; the training was almost completed.

The students faced four fold tension : COACHING, TRAINING, STUDY AT HOME AND GRADUATION course run simultaneously.

The major portion of time was consumed in training which was required at any cost. The limit of articled clerks was increased by the institute per  member. This led to huge number of dummy articleship. 

Thank god that now IPCC students would be in one of the best position because they will not have that much  tension of study with training.  Since working knowledge of subjects would also be there hence they will focus more on training only. 

Looking to these facts; they would be in a better position than before. 

My humble request to the forum members that we should carry the discussion in a very decent manner. 

If we can find some solutions then not only it would benefit to the students but it would be of great help to practising CA Firms only.  If students can finalize some audits at their own; then surely the quality of audit will also improve. 

It is really very unfortunate that despite good training in CWA curriculum still many students feel that they are lacking in comparison to CA training.

In CWA curriculum; you will also find that they have included IFRS and AS in their syllabus.

In addition to that; they already have 10 Cost Accounting Standards. Right now they think that these are not so important because who cares for Cost Audit Report ? But don't worry the same story was there in case of Statutory Audit Report previously - it was of copy paste nature run from year to year. Very few members focued on Accounting Standards. Due to recent amendments only; now each and every member is required to report on each Accounting Standard. 

The CWA members will be known as Management Accountants very soon. 

Their examination  pattern is also not so easy.  They have to appear for two papers in day one - one in morning and second in evening session. Whereas; the CA institute has relaxed this norm. Previously it took papers without any break. Now one day break is given.  

More views and suggestions are most welcome. 

3 Like
avater

CMA Arif Farooqui (Cost Accountant)     11 May 2010

CMA Arif Farooqui
Cost Accountant 
 227 likes  4788 points

i am agree Ravi ji. objective of this discussion is to find out bad things and take nessery steps to correct it.

surender sir, i agree, exam pattern (monning - evening paper) was indeed injustic to student.  that is why you find that numbers of students appread for single group exam rather than both group. i cleread my exam in same pattern and know how diffcult it was.

but thanks god! now they rectified it. in new sllybus 2008, only single paper held in a day. but their is no break during exam days. hope they follow ICAI step sooner then later.

1 Like
avater

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat)     11 May 2010

Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

Thank Dear Ravi and Arif.

(humour)

We are not here to satisfy  our ego. In this information technology era, our  e  should go  i.e. (e-go) !

avater

CMA Arif Farooqui (Cost Accountant)     11 May 2010

CMA Arif Farooqui
Cost Accountant 
 227 likes  4788 points

surender sir,

we are discussing we are good net friends(me & Ravi)  and our  e is gone a long way........

i am sorry if any of my comment hurt someone

2 Like
avater

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat)     11 May 2010

Practising CA at Surat 
 5162 likes  26243 points

Yes, we all are friends. In a club, each one is friend of another. Thanks. 

Let the discussion should go on. 

avater

CA Ravi Sisodia (CA,CS,CMA)     15 May 2010

CA Ravi Sisodia
CA CS CMA 
 3236 likes  32211 points

Originally posted by : CMA Arif
surender sir,
we are discussing we are good net friends(me & Ravi)  and our  e is gone a long way........

100% right dear Arif ji.

avater

Prateek (B.Com(H) PGDBA CA Final)     12 June 2010

Prateek
B.Com(H) PGDBA CA Final 
 41 likes  436 points

CWA training is better than CA ....bcse...we can take exposure of diffrent sectors like Auditing,Taxation,Accounting,Costing,BPO,Banking,Investment Banking,Stock Markets....but CA training 

is for the benefit of the fellow members...they easily get employees @ Rs 1000....thats really not gud...i went for 2-3 interviews they say...we will give off during exam period...15-20 days...& will pay me 5000...no money no leaves....y we are  doing  this course....

1 Like
avater

Prateek (B.Com(H) PGDBA CA Final)     12 June 2010

Prateek
B.Com(H) PGDBA CA Final 
 41 likes  436 points

y we are doing this course...

2 Like

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free