Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

praveen (intermediate)     04 August 2021

HSN code mendatory or not

if my turnover is up to 1.5 cr so hsn code is mandatory from 1st April 2021 or not and if I filed all gstr 1 till July return without hsn what will be rssult for it.
thank you in advance

8 Replies

Sourav

Sourav (Student)     04 August 2021

No HSN code is not required as turnover is less than 1.5 crores rupees
1 Like
prasad Nilugal

prasad Nilugal   04 August 2021

4 digits HSN code is mandatory in invoices and in GSTR1 from 1/4/2021 turn over up to 5 crore .
1 Like
Nidhi

Nidhi (Chief Accountant)     04 August 2021

4 digits HSN code is mandatory in your case..
1 Like
Ankita Jain

Ankita Jain (CA in practice)     04 August 2021

If turnover is up to 5 Crores, Only in the case of B2C supply, HSN code is not mandatory. Otherwise, 4 digit HSN code is mandatory. Non-compliance may result in a Penalty of up to Rs.25,000/-
2 Like
CMA Poornima Madhava

CMA Poornima Madhava (CMA)     04 August 2021

The dept can impose general penalty but the chances are less I think. Hereafter ensure to include 4 digit HSN code at least in respect of B2B transactions

1 Like
praveen

praveen (intermediate)     04 August 2021

Thank you very much for all of experts suggestion
Imthias ahamed Kormath

Imthias ahamed Kormath   04 August 2021

Not mandatory b2c only,but interstate and bulk quantity is mandatory otherwise tax and penalty leviable.
Rama chary Rachakonda

Rama chary Rachakonda (Master in Accounts & Lawyer email ID:ramachary64@gmail.com voice no:9989324294)     04 August 2021

The mandatory reporting of HSN codes was introduced while preparing the GSTR-1 return from 1st April 2021. As per the revised declaration, taxpayers with an annual aggregate turnover of more than Rs. 5 crore must mandatorily declare six digits of the HSN code on all the tax invoices.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags