CA Final Group 1 Exam - AFTER A LONG GAP

Hi guys, need a big help to understand my current position to write final exam.

I completed Final Group 2 almost 10 years back but not Group 1. Completed IT training at the time and GMCS also.

I have seen lot of changes in the course now and there are only 3 papers in the Final Group.

I wanted to understand if I can just write the 3 papers and get qualified or is there any additional course i need to do. I saw there is an updated IT course but not sure if I have to appear for that as well.

Anyone with proper knowledge on the issue? Pls assist but kindly do not guess.  Thanks in advance. 

 

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
A candidate who cleared CA Final Group 2 earlier can appear for revised Group 1 with 3 papers, but must meet updated ICAI requirements like self paced modules and other eligibility conditions before appearing.

YES, you can appear for CA Final Group 1 (3 papers only)
👉 BUT you must complete certain additional requirements before you are allowed to appear.

You cannot directly write the 3 papers without fulfilling these conditions.

Thank you but what are the additional requirements?

I understand there is self study module. but anything else?

Also, Does it mean i need to complete the self study module first to be eligible to write final paper? 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details