Hra documents submittion

Experts!

I have worked for a MNC till October 2011. However, for AY 2012-13, I couldn't submit HRA documents to the employer, for the duration of I worked with that company.


New/current employer didn't accept HRA documents for the period of I worked with previous company. This is going to burden me a lot as additional Income Tax.

I would like to understand, how I can submit HRA documents (Rent slips) to Income Tax department directly at this time, or any other way I can save my money by not paying additional Income Tax.

It would be highly appreciated, if a quick and perfect guide line can be provided on this matter.

 

Thank you,

Digvijay

Replies (3)

Ask your current employer to compute tax on the income generated in the tenure for which you are working for him.

Rent paid for the previous months should be accepted by the employer.

Has Form 16 been given by the previous employer? If yes, then ask them to rectify the same.

If no, then ask them to incorporate the same with rent figures of the tenure.

Regards

Prateek

Thank you Prateek for quick response.

- Current employer accepted for the only tenure I worked for them

- Previous didn't accept for thier tenure after given windows for all employees, I already spoke to them.

- Any other way I can submit the document direct to Income Tax department?

 

If the current and previous employers are not accepting your rent receipts, then the only way out is to let the current employer to deduct more tax and afterwards, you can claim refund of the same.

Since, you cannot directly submit documents to the Income Tax Department. In the income tax return, show rent for throughout the year. As such, tax payable would be less than tax actually deducted, hence the refund.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details