Hello, our CA mistakenly selected Form 10IEA (to opt out of New Regime) while filing my Returns. First intimation from Income Tax portal received on 12 August 2026 for 'Seeking Information / Clarification' where they advised me that the Returns will be processed as per Old Regime. Please note, I am salaried but had 3 months of nominal business income from April to June and hence the CA filed under ITR4.
On 25th August, our CA raised a Grievance asking for Remedy since this was done by mistake. On 27th August, the we received a response from the Portal saying withdrawal of 10IEA is not possible as no changes can be done from the e-portal end.
Our CA then filed the returns under ITR4 again on 10 September. Now on 22 September I have received a Demand of 1,56,000.
What can I do? I am helpless, even the CA is now saying he will visit ITO and if that doesnt work, we will file an Appeal.
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.