Easy Office

How was today SFM paper

Page no : 5

Naveen kumar singh (Finance Professional) (21 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

WAS 

Meda Karthikeya (F.C.A) (25 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

I think the examiner should be asked to finish same paper in jus 3 hrs...

CA Nagendra (CA) (1788 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

Agree with everybody.

Nobody can solve 100% paper in 3 Hr eventhough all questions were from past attempt and RTP. ICAI had selected all lengthy question only which is not fair.

Harish Ravichandran (3 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

Wn 1 d) u ve to assume that there s no specified lot size and proceed. And interest rate also not given in that to calculate the future value of premiuim i.e. after 3 months. So I guess u ve to write a note and proceed.

CA Rajdeepsinh Kanchava (Senior accountant at KPO)   (736 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

Those who are in support of this paper I wanna say that we are not expecting the simpler vanila paper like bcom but in CA FINAL level this is also not correct approach...as this paper required a light speed conceptual clarity with bullet train speed of writing...agreed with all...specially leasing sum, merger sum and forex sums they have asked to find each and everything that is possible....16 marks questions were asked for 8-10 marks only...either conceptual OR lengthy can be manageable but the paper having a bunch of concepts plus lonhests questions with half marks are just impossible for even paper setter to complete the same in time....I will surely mail my views after my exam is over.....

Replied 04 November 2015

Those who are in support of this paper I wanna say that we are not expecting the simpler vanila paper like bcom but in CA FINAL level this is also not correct approach...as this paper required a light speed conceptual clarity with bullet train speed of writing...agreed with all...specially leasing sum, merger sum and forex sums they have asked to find each and everything that is possible....16 marks questions were asked for 8-10 marks only...either conceptual OR lengthy can be manageable but the paper having a bunch of concepts plus lonhests questions with half marks are just impossible for even paper setter to complete the same in time....I will surely mail my views after my exam is over.....

Replied 04 November 2015

And even if u say that we can analyze sums in those 15 minutes then my friend i agree we can but when it comes to writing the answer it is very difficult and evenif we can write it with that much accuracy, there were many known questions which were capable to consume our time which we need for those alien sums.....

What say guys....

Aastha (student) (68 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

Agreeed yaa...there is no doubt regarding that...

ASHISH BHARADWAJ (Finance Professional) (146 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

Battle of aggregate has been snatched away very easily by the this kind of SFM examination paper..FR marking will now play a very crucial role.

CA. Bhavik P. Chudasama (Practice) (3672 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

No comments on marking system of icai...

NS Learning Point (Financial Management) (530 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

Analysis of SFM Papter (November-2015):
Summary: All questions were from module but so lengthy paper.

Q-1(a)-5 Marks: FOREX (Q-14G of Our Module)
Q-1(b)-5 Marks: BOND (Q-16A of Our Module)
Q-1(c)-5 Marks: DERIVATIVE (Q-4F of Our Module)
Q-1(d)-5 Marks: DERIVATIVE WITH FOREX (Q-22A of Derivative of our module)

Q-2(a)-10 Marks: MERGER (Q-2 of Our Module)
Q-2(b)-6 Marks: BOND (New Question)

Q-3(a)-8 Marks: DERIVATIVE (Q-21E of Our Module)
Q-3(b)-8 Marks: LEASING (Q-29 of Our Module)

Q-4(a)-8 Marks: CAPITAL BUD (Q-16D of Our Module)
Q-4(b)-8 Marks: MUTUAL FUND (Q-3B of Our Module)

Q-5(a)-8 Marks: DERIVATIVE WITH FOREX (Q-22B of Derivative of our module)
Q-5(b)-8 Marks: MUTUAL FUND (New but same concept)

Q-6(a)-10 Marks: MERGER (Q-32 of Our Module)
Q-6(b)-6 Marks: DIVIDEND DECISION (Q-5K of Our Module)

Q-7-16Marks: Theory

Regards;
NS Academy

piyush nagpal (student) (23 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

2.5 is the answer ...paper was lengthy but easy

CA Sultan.........never quits (Financial Controller) (511 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

Dear All,

I have studied from Prof. Rahul Malkan video lectures and i able to clear my exams. Beleive me, all the questions which was asked in the examination he worked out.

Krishna Raj Jaiswal (ca) (41 Points)
Replied 04 November 2015

Flak husk kegs ytf

MOHIT CHAWLA (1) (70 Points)
Replied 06 November 2015

paper was avg. but the main problem is... they were asking too many things. in 5 marks question like question related to bond. 16-20 marks question of leasing was asked in 8 marks categry.. present value factors were provided for only one question. calculation of present value factor also making the paper lengthy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: