Easy Office
LCI Learning

How was today's indirect taxes paper ?

Page no : 3

badri (Bcom(Hons) Mcom CA final group 2)   (119 Points)
Replied 17 November 2015

Conceptual and...challenging...

CA Pallav Singhania (❤ Work Hard Party Harder ❤)   (32532 Points)
Replied 17 November 2015

Khicdi paper... full too precedural and compliance paper....

RS (Capital Markets) (100 Points)
Replied 17 November 2015

I fail to understand at times why institute set such lengthy papers. Many people who are eligible to be a CA miss out just because they are not able to complete the papers for attempts and fail. On average, student are just able to attempt of 80-85 marks, loosing in all 60 marks over 4 papers. So ideally a person has to score 200+ out of 340-350. I was able to attempt costing - 78, ISCA- 80, DT - 78, IDT - 75. In an attempt to complete 100 marks paper, it affects the quality of the rest of the answers attempted. 3 hours is a real crunch. A student should be evaluated on his knowledge. Here most gets out just on the basis of writing speed.

Animesh kumar (General accountant) (29 Points)
Replied 17 November 2015

Pass % of cpa (american chartered accountancy) has been around 45-50% for 30 years , ours around 8-15% on avg Its because of economy slowdown and huge no of us students

Rup Kumar (finance manager) (288 Points)
Replied 17 November 2015

Exactly, it was lengthy & time consuming one.

pathan hayathkhan (student) (73 Points)
Replied 17 November 2015

Paper was lenghy not easy nd tough

The learner (Qualified CA Pursuing CS Professional Mcom(FT))   (133 Points)
Replied 21 November 2015

For me paper was complete MEMORY CHECK. I just dont understand why are we tested on Memory(caselaws, procedural part)? Rather institute should test us at concepts. It was a real disaster. :(

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: