CA Loan Bajaj Finserv
CA Final Online Classes
CA Classes

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

How to differentiate listed and unlisted co?

Shrina (Student)     22 October 2010

Shrina
Student 
 33 points

| My Other Post

Suppose we are auditing 10 co. out of which 4 are listed,now how can I differentiate these 4 listed co.out of 10?

Avinash

Avinash (Student)     22 October 2010

Avinash
Student 
 8 likes  91 points

View Profile | My Other Post

You can differentiate by the CIN of the Company. If the CIN starts with "U" then its Unlisted and if it starts with "L", its listed.

Ajay Mishra

Ajay Mishra (Company Secretary)     23 October 2010

Ajay Mishra
Company Secretary 
 4459 likes  74297 points

Listed Company

A listed company means a company which is listen on different stock exchanges in India or outside India and their shares are traded on stock exchanges. For Listing company made an agreement with stock exchanges and follow the guidelines given in Listing Agreement of every exchanges.

Unlisted Company

An unlisted company means a company whose shares are not available to general public for trading and not listed to stock exchanges. An unlisted company can be private limited company or public limited company

Regards  

2 Like
MANI GUPTA

MANI GUPTA (CA)     23 October 2010

MANI GUPTA
CA 
 29 likes  300 points

Avinash is right.. Simple method or u can refer to Annual return of the Companies. U'll find that on the front page

(Guest)

Reply provided by CS Ajay Mishra is correct.

Suresh Prasad

Suresh Prasad (www.aubsp.com)     27 October 2010

Suresh Prasad
www.aubsp.com 
 2431 likes  15560 points

Sec 2(23A) "listed public companies" means a public company which has any of its securities listed in any recognized stock exchange.

You also can see Form of annual return of a company having a Share capital SCHEDULE V, PART II, from there you easily identify that whether the company is listed or not.

Each company (Indian or foreign) has a unique CIN (Corporate Identity Number).If the CIN starts with "U" then its Unlisted and if it starts with "L", its listed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Trending Tags