ICICI

How to deal with a work gap post qualification?

Dharmesh Ahuja (CA)     03 August 2017

Dharmesh Ahuja
CA 
 21 points

| My Other Post

I am a CA of may 2012. I worked for 1.5 yrs post qualifying till december 2013. There is a work gap from 2014 till now. During this gap i was not doing anything related to CA work. Now i wish to go back to CA work (certain job, which i was doing till 2013). I am finding it difficult to deal with the interviews and also there are so many changes which have happned in this period which i am not aware of, i feel it almost impossible to get the track of all these changes theoretically.

How should i deal with the interviews and explain my sitution to them?  What might be the right job for me? I have already given 9 interviews in different companies in the past month.

avater

Karan Batra (Creator: TheProTalks)     08 August 2017

Karan Batra
Creator: TheProTalks 
 118 likes  2315 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Your interview sessions will be screwing, and there are no two ways about it. instead of being Pessimistic about it what I advise you should do is as follows:
1. Take jobs which are not mainstream it could be anything such as content writing/ marketing /research related etc
2. if you were already in such kind of jobs and now as you said you shifting to the mainstream jobs and by mainstream I mean which is for what the CA profession has been known for then what you could do in the interviews is you could give them point of view that the previous jobs were what excited you at that point, you worked there as you wanted to know the other aspects other than finance ,accounting or taxation of a company, you also wanted to know the working environment and the work culture of a Startup if your previous job was in a Startup that is.
3. the only thing which you should keep in mind is patience, if you genuinely desiring for a job in the mainstream sector and most probably unless you have a connection then it would take time to get you a job there so in that time you could do 2 to 3 things, first of all go through all the relevant to your desired job profile and new pronouncements/ standards/ sections such as Caro 2016 Indian accounting standards finance act 2017 and show only Companies Act 2013 read with all the Recent amendments in it and also keep working weather or not it is full time or part time and whether or not it is and out of the box job as explaining that why you were out of job is more difficult then to explain why you were not in the same job profile in which you want to be hired into.

Best of luck

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here