Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit (Chennai)     03 October 2011

Help . what should i do. write or skip????

Hello Everyone. 

Please help what should i do . Please comment on my problem and i hope u will help me to find a solution. What has happened is i cleared my PCC in November 2010 and my attempt is due in May 2012 but i have taken leavefrom my office because this being my prepond attempt . When i took leave i was not in mood to write exams but due to my friends and family pressurizing me i filled the exam form. but till now i have not prepared seriously. The reason why i took leave is that due to various reasons like i had problems with my auditor , tax audit season, better preparation for may 2012 exams etc. Now what should i do whether i should skip this attempt or should i still write. If i dont write then my sir will ask me at the time of my results then what the reason i will give. My articleship gets completed on 26 jan and by that time ICAI will declare final results. SO any way i will be caught to my auditor. 

please help me to find a solution for this. Please . waiting for ur comments. 

Thanks in advance 

7 Replies

Vijay Kumar ACA,ACS

Vijay Kumar ACA,ACS (Member in Service)     03 October 2011

Dear sumit,

From  your post i understand that you are not studied seriously for this attempt.., but i suggestion is that dont skip your this attempt..

At least study from today itself.. i know from my experience that to cover all the eight papers with in one month a little harder.(since you are not studied all the papers seriously)..,

if you stated your studies from the day you cleared your pcc.. then there will not be any difficulty, one month is more than enough to revise what you studied... but it is not your case..

So if it is not possible for you to study all eight papers now... at least write one group... may be second group because of ptacticle subjects in second group like AMA. DT etc...

But dont skip your attempt.. if you cleared in one group in this attempt and another in may 2012 it is equal to you cleared in 1 st attempt..

All the best for your exams...

Sumit

thanks vijay for the encouragement. any idea how to disguise my auditor for this attempt. 

Sumit

thanks vijay for the encouragement. any idea how to disguise my auditor for this attempt. 

Nitin Dhawan

Nitin Dhawan (Job)     04 October 2011

Hello Sumit the same situation is here with me but my articlecleship will end in december 2011. Vijay, Sumit As this time the result of Ca final was too high the impact is no jobs in the market and therefore everyone in the industry is asking from the candidates that are u first attempt. As i have filled the exam form and my its my prepond attempt and i m writing this time only one group. whether it will be counted as my 2 Attempts? will there be any change in the count of atempt if i do not fill form?
V Chandrasekaran

V Chandrasekaran (Chartered Accountant)     04 October 2011

@ Nitin Dhawan

It will be counted as 2 attempts. First attempt means Passing Both Groups in SINGLE sitting and if you write

one group in Nov and another group in May, it will be counted as 2 attempts instead of 1.

Also clearing one group is difficult than clearing both groups because you can't avail set off facility.

Source: ICAI Campus Placement where you have answer the question " Passed Both Groups in Single

Sitting". If you answer the question with YES, you are First Attempt person.  

Sumit

Sumit (Chennai)     04 October 2011

@ nitin dhawan . : i think it will be 2 attempts. i think probably we took the wrong decision. @ chandrasekaran : it at all i dont write exams then also whether it will be counted as attempt or not. 

sir what should i do now. go for one group or two groups in may 12. 

Anit Sharma

Anit Sharma (CA Final student )     04 October 2011

if you think more than 50% go for any grp u want.... take decision on ur own

if u ve filled examination form but dont apear in any group .. and if u clear you both grps in may 2012 ...

may 2012 will b ur first attempt. (If you clear all papers in one sitting)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags