Gift from father to daughter

Babua Banerjee (Accountant Junior Tax Practitioner)   (123 Points)

05 September 2016  
A retired senior citizen wants to give rs. 400,000 through cheque to his married daughter, the said daughter is a housewife and has no income. How to proceed and what is the tax treatment of the both?