ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Failed CPT for the 6th time! Should i continue?

Rahul (CPT>>IPCC>>??) (121 Points)

03 January 2011  

Hi friends, this is Rahul. Im embarressed to say that i've failed CPT 6 times & this time i've attempted again. I've attempted 150 questions and im not sure whether i'll clear it this time or not.

I am a science student. I did my PU in science stream but then i planned to change my field since i didnt want to continue with engineering. I chose CA. ( I dont know if it was the biggest mistake of my life or its the best thing i ever did. Fate will decide).

I joined CA course after PU and joined B.com as well in correspondance. B.com is easy and its going on smoothly. Currently im in the final year and my scores are pretty good. Initially i couldnt grasp accounts much since it was a total alien to me but now i can manage something.

I've always been getting a score around 80-100 in CPT. I took it lightly initially but then recently i started taking it seriously since i realized that ill be no where if i dont complete CA or at least have a masters degree.

Since i dint have much accounting practical knowledge, i joined a good accounting company where all kina accounts are handled and there's auding as well. So now i have a brief idea of what actually accounting work is.

i'd like to continue CA and clear the exams somehow and it starts with CPT. Do u guys think im on the right path?
Do u think i should change my field and forget CA (I really dont wanna do that since i like the subject and the course and i have a feeling that i will excel one day).

Im planning to leave office and study at home for the next online attempt if i dont clear it this time.
Please suggest and help me chose the right path.

Thank you for reading. Expecting a reply.

Regards,

Rahul

53 Replies

(Guest)

CPT is not that tough at all but it might be difficult for few. You are from science background so it might be tough for you.... but then your maths must be good (only thing which is tough in CPT), other subjects are easy and accounts of CPT level is very easy.  I think your appraoch toward the exam is wrong.  You need to change your strategy.

since you are in b.com you can still go for CPT exams, its fine but after you clear you graduation if you still couldnt clear  it then i would suggest to do someother course like MBA and not to waste time time on CA.

1 Like

Ravikant (Accountax) (6277 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

Nothing is impossible if you have the correct determination and confidence..

1 Like

SANYAM ARORA (“It's hard to beat a person who never gives up.”)   (20158 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

my friend please first decide ur mind weather u want to pursue ca r not.......as i think its not problem with acconts,its with ur determination level......dont mind.....think and do as ur mind say

1 Like

Siddharth (Get Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) in 30 minutes! Click on send PM!)   (672 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

Analyse what went wrong. Were you able to cover all the topics? No selective studies.

Which sections/s gave you troubles? Until the pass in all sections rule comes into force, you need to be good in atleast 2 topics and be manageable in 1.

I feel CPT (objective exam with negative marking) is a greed test. So one shouldn't be greedy and attempt questions whose answers they're sure of. No guess work, it costs marks. A passing candidate can fail. 

No need to be a hero in attempting maximum possible questions.

Make sure you darkening the correct oval/ circle. Revise the answers atleast 15 minutes before the end of exam.

A proper approach to CPT would be studying each chapter and immediately solving chapter end questions without seeing answers/ notes. Then in case of doubts the chapter should be referred back.

At this level, I would recommend to stick to modules.

After the course completion, test papers should be solved just like in exams, in time-limit. Don't cheat, resist the temptation to look into books/ notes, for even a single answer before completing the whole set.

Solve as many questions as possible (especially previous exams), as it maybe possible you face similar or even exact question/s to ones you solved.

Prepare summarised notes to browse to keep the topic in mind, this is very helpful before exams.

Don't study for exam sake, if you want a career in this you gotta read it like if you don't know it, you can't live, i.e. for knowledge sake.

I hope you clear it this time, if not try another time with strong determination that there's no plan B, there's no backing out.

Forget about previous attempts, consider this your first one.

Also, remember a good beginning doesn't ensure good ending. Just like it a bad beginning doesn't mean bad end! It's on you!

Succcess is the only option.

Avoid activities that waste a considerable time of yours. Make deadlines and meet them.

If you check yourself, you have a changed perception about accounts from when you joined the course and now. Your practical experience will come handy!

By the way, I've known a lot of people from science background (B.Sc. people too) becoming a CA.

Get the basics clear. If you dunno why an account is debited and why it is credited, you need to work hard. Else even if you clear CPT you will be wiped out in next stages.

Forget the following line till your next attempt, if you unable to clear your latest one:

If you don't seem to get through by graduation, I too say don't waste your time. Look for other options, like ICWAI (you can directly take admission in Inter on the basis of graduation), or MBA, etc.

1 Like

CA Dauzi Pathan Imran Khan (Chartered Accountant in Practise)   (1678 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

Many can teach u so called motivational sentences and phrases...!!

But it is all depend on urs attitude..

If you LOVE CA truely, (Chartered accountancy course), U will marry her and become..

CA.Rahul...

So, Love it yaar...

U can surely pass not only CPT and also FInal along with ur Life..!!!

Can- Kan!!!

3 Like

Sneha (no) (251 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

YA IMRAN TOLD U RIGHT MANY WILL SAY U THIS N THT...

HEY FRND JUST LISTEN TO URSELF N DO WHT U WISH..

AND WHAT I THINK IS WE CAN ACHIEVE ANY THING IF WE WISH THAT FROM HEART...

JUST DIL SE PADHAI KARO AUR IS BAAR 100% HARDWORK KARNA SO

U WILL SURELY CLEAR THIS TIME,RATHER I SAY U SHOULD CLEAR THIS TIME..

ALL THE BEST DEAR..

BYE TAKE CARE..

4 Like

Chandrashekhar Velayudham (Articled assistant/clerk)   (29 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

Hi Rahul,

My suggestion: First do beleive yourself that you can.................

study persistently then you would understand if you are a bangalorian do contact me at chandrashekhar @ sduca.com.

1 Like

CA Rohit Garg (CA ) (330 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

Agree wid Imran and sneha...

2 Like

sonu gupta (sucess ) (95 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

sneha is right dear

u should do wt u want and in which u r interested

best of luck.and listen ur heart..........

1 Like

Sunitha M Wadhwa (Financial Research Analyst)   (73 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

You don't have to disheartened... I can give you a live example.. We know of a person who came from science background and did ca, that too without tutions., and today he is one of the renowned faculty in Bangalore teaching a ca subject... When he can do it, then why not others including you???

Keep yourself motivated...  All the Best,...

1 Like

kckinn (CA) (759 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

You can prove any one wrong.

Some might say give up - and you may become a CA and proove them wrong.

Some might say continue - and you might not succeed despite very very hard work of yours.

Decision is yours.

Anything can happen. Do you want to take risk ? What if it doesn't work out ? What if despite all hard work and motivational talk it doesn't work out for you. You'll be in a soup. What other options or carrer fields are open to you ?

Listen and talk to yourself for 15-20 days. If your heart and mind tells you to continue then do so. If it says to quit then do so.

Realistically speaking, not having cleared CPT 6 times, you will find it more difficult ahead in IPCC and Finals.

But there would be people who would have cleared CPT in 10 attempts and never looked back and become CA. Can you be one of them ? Ask youself. No one else can tell you.

2 Like

Resham (Carpe Diem !!!) (6535 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

Originally posted by : vinnzz

CPT is not that tough at all but it might be difficult for few. You are from science background so it might be tough for you.... but then your maths must be good (only thing which is tough in CPT), other subjects are easy and accounts of CPT level is very easy.  I think your appraoch toward the exam is wrong.  You need to change your strategy.

since you are in b.com you can still go for CPT exams, its fine but after you clear you graduation if you still couldnt clear  it then i would suggest to do someother course like MBA and not to waste time time on CA.

Agree with vinzzz..

1 Like

ROHIT CHATURVEDI (CA Final Student ) (2298 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

In CPT exam what ICAI checks is your confidence level on the basics of the subject. So make strong your basics and you can easily clear this exam.

ALL THE BEST for your result

1 Like

pooja (finance executive) (24 Points)
Replied 03 January 2011

I think u should continue it. I m Pooja and completed MBA and after that failed CPT in June'10 , Then again i attempted in Dec'10.

If i can try it , why cant u ??

I advise u , whenever u attempt objective type questions with -ve marking, u should do only those questions which u know correctly,never attempt those which make u doubtful.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags