Exemption under IT section 80TTA

Sir
I am a senior citizen so I can claim F/D interest on bank F/D
in A-Y 2019-20 under section 80TTB.My question is whether
I am eligible to claim deduction
under section 80TTA For S/B interest

Replies (9)

Yes upto 50,000/- Rs.

No you cannot claim 80TTA you can only claim 80TTB

80TTB is from 01.4.2019 so for FY 2018-19 80TTA can be claimed

Ruchika Ma'am it is applicable from For F.Y 2018-19

No kishan. Check income tax site

I concur with Krishna Kant sir... either of the one deductions can be claimed and not both
That's what I was saying Ruchika ji.. It is applicable from 1.4.19 which is A.Y not P.Y hence this is applicable for F.Y 18-19

But thats from AY 2019-20 krishna

You can claim deduction as per section 80 TTB only ( Rs. 50,000)

Interest on all kinds of Deposit.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details