Examption for loss paid to other company as partner

Dear all,

I was a partner in a company till 2002. The company was in loss and ultimately the unit was sold out by govt. agency from which loan was availed.

Now, I have decided to clear my name from the list of defaulters of that company and so I paid all the dues (on behalf of other partners) of govt. institution.

Now, My question is am I eligible for exemtion of this amount say Rs. 2,00,000/- as loss in my personal account?

Replies (1)
Originally posted by : Free

Dear all,

I was a partner in a company till 2002. The company was in loss and ultimately the unit was sold out by govt. agency from which loan was availed.

Now, I have decided to clear my name from the list of defaulters of that company and so I paid all the dues (on behalf of other partners) of govt. institution.

Now, My question is am I eligible for exemtion of this amount say Rs. 2,00,000/- as loss in my personal account?


Please answer someone, it's really an important querry for me. Can I adjust the loss in my personal account?
 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details