Etds return rpu 3.4

Hi
 
I was trying to fill 24Q in RPU 3.4 (e-TDS return preparation utility) with I being a company as a deductor.
I was filling 24Q for Quarter 4.
 
 
Question 1.
If salary is due by the 31st of march every month and payable on 7th of the following month, then how many rows shall I insert in the Challan tab.
 
I feel 3 rows should be inserted as Company will be using one challan form per month for all its employees.
 
Am I right?
 
 
Question 2
TDS on salary is calculated after considering cesses.
So say income tax payable of my 10 employees is Rs. 10000. Now considering cesses of 3%. Total income tax liability is of 10300. Hence TDS to be deducted each month of all 10 employees is 10300/12 = 858.33
 
Now in challan tab coloumn 4 is of TDS and column 6 is of education cess.
What shall I fill in this columns.
 
In my view
Column 4 TDS Rs. 833 (i.e. 858.33/1.03)
 
Column 6 E.Cess Rs. 25 (I.e. 858.33/1.03 *0.03)
 
 
Question 3
In column 15, it says Date on which tax deposited.
 
Now TDS needs to be deposited by the 7th of every month.
 
Since I am filling return for 4th quarter (Jan 13 to mar 13) I feel the dates should be
07/01/13 for challan 1
07/02/13 for challan 2
07/03/13 for challan 3
 
Am I right?
 
 
Question 4
From where do we get this challan so that I can put Challan serial number in column 17?
 
 
Shivani
 
shivaniadream @ gmail.com
 
Replies (3)

Answer 1: It is not right. It is not necessary only one challan should be there for one month. No of rows depends on how many challans you have deposited for a specifed quarter please.

Answer 2: Your view is correct please.

Answer 3: Not at all. Date of amount paid or credited to deductees should be within the specified quarter. But, date of deposit may be done beyond the specified quarter please.

 

 

Regarding Question 3

In Jan 13 i as a company will be depositing challan for the TDS deducted of my employees for the month of dec 12. and i am depositing TDS on 7-jan-13

likewise for jan 13 and feb on 07/02/13 and 07/03/13 respecitvely

Column 15 asks for date on which tax is deposited.

so where am i wrong in my dates?

please clarify.

 

Please also guide on question 4

Regarding Question 3:

If you deposit TDS on Jan-13 for the month of Dec-12, then it is related to THIRD of quarter of the financial year, those details should come under 24Q of THIRD quarter of financial year.

In your Question 3, you told you are depositing TDS on 07-Jan-13 for Jan-13. I guess it is wrong please. Because TDS for Jan-13 will be deposited on 07-Feb-13 only. Likewise for Feb-13 on 07-Mar-13 and for Mar-13 on 07-Apr-13.

In that case, for FOURTH quarter of FY 2012-13, the date of deposit of TDS is:

For Jan-13 - 07-Feb-13

For Feb-13 - 07-Mar-13

For Mar-13 - 07-Apr-13

Hope the information is useful to you please.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details