Easy Office
LCI Learning

Error at time of verification Schedule OS Quarterly break up DTAA system calculated

Page no : 2

Prashant (Vice President) (37 Points)
Replied 14 September 2021

I think this issue has been resolved.  At least, when I tried just now - without any workaround (i.e. specifying the Dividend amount properly in Section 1a(i) of Schedule OS and the quarterly breakup properly in Section 10 of Schedule OS) - I did not get the error that had been coming for the past week or more and I was able to successfuly e-verify and submit my return.

Rocks Parss (241 Points)

Congratulations Sir!! We'll try too. Hope the others are able to file too..

Rocks Parss (241 Points)

Congratulations Sir!! We'll try too. Hope the others are able to file too..

Dr Kiran R (12 Points)

Issue is fixed and things are working now without any change required from our side

Rocks Parss (241 Points)
Replied 15 September 2021

Great For those whom it has worked did you'll do offline or online?

Lets hope it works in our case too as in addition to this we had other errors too of which we have not still heard whether they have been resolved or not..

Anyway Keep the feedback coming.. it's useful..

Shankar Rugge (369 Points)

Error Solved. Just download New ITD Utility of 14 Sep 21 and file . Everything OK. I think we all represented and Portal took  note of it.

Rocks Parss (241 Points)

Great Congrats Yes looks like grievance posting may have worked.

Hope it works for us too - we had other errors too for which so far no feedback if errors resolved. 

Rocks Parss (241 Points)
Replied 16 September 2021

Yes for us too it worked. The quarterly break up entered by us earlier was now zero so we entered the five numbers and validation was successful. We were able to e-verify also successfully.

Not only that we have also got replies to our various grievances on this subject matter from Income tax saying that they have been resolved!!

Thaks to you all participants for your inputs and also for submitting grievances.

Keep the feedback & issues flowing..

Rocks Parss (241 Points)
Replied 16 September 2021

Yes it worked for us too and we were able to successfully submit & e-verify the ITR though we had to enter the quarterly dividend five numbers again as they had made it zero..

Thanks to all participants for their inputs and feedback and also to post grievances - we have received emails from Income tax that our grievances on this subject matter has been resolved!!

Keep the interactions, inputs and feedback flowing..

Rajeev Seoni (Director ) (74 Points)
Replied 29 September 2021

I am getting the above error while uploading the return ITR2. Any way to work around. I am using the latest version of the utility. Thanks, 

Rocks Parss (241 Points)
Replied 30 September 2021

Try online and see maybe it will work

Do I need to fill out the complete return once again to try online or is there a way to use the already filled file? 

Rocks Parss (241 Points)

When you login online there are option to continue what is filed or start new - if you select new obviously you have to enter everything again; - if you select the other option you may check what data is available if at all and then if available you may continue;  - another option is to download and save the json file from you offline utility and then when you login in and select online option you may attach the json file and then continue from there so all that you have entered offline gets populated in online option too. One caveat - we had filed many weeks back and for different family members we had done offline or online whatever worked including working on an older version of utility in one case as that worked but everything is so unpredictable as every day changes are being made and worse whatever issues were there earlier even if resolved new ones keep on cropping up whether offline of online. Also we went on submitting grievance after grievance attaching screen shots - even of the same issue again and again and also asked others participating in this forum to do so - maybe that helped.

Anyway All the Best to you'll. Good luck & Wishes

Thanks, I tried the online mode but could not find any way to upload a JSON file from the desktop. Seems we have to wait for the bug to be removed from the backend software.

Manish Maheshwari (2 Points)
Replied 08 December 2021

Finally worked for me. Make sure of 2 things:

1. Fill in the quarterly accruals of Dividend Income. Make sure to fill in with "0" wherever there's no data.

2. Ensure that the Sum total of Accruals is equal to the Dividend income in 1a(i)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: