Easy Office
LCI Learning

Discussion on Budget 2008-09!!

Page no : 2

Jasveer Singh Kalsi (CA) (83 Points)
Replied 29 February 2008

This has been a very good budget .. excise duty cut, much more spending on education, tax slabs revision, BCTT abolishment, reducing scope of FBT etc. will do good.. THIS BUDGET IS GOOD FOR SALARIED/MIDDLE CLASS PERSON.

Ashish Ranpara (TAX CONSULTANT) (369 Points)
Replied 29 February 2008

It is Good budget for salaried person and sole business proprietor it is acceptable change by finance minister that income exmpt up to 1.50 lakh and also this budget is on election base and one more think is that Banking Transaction Tax is withdrawl is accepted but it can be inforce from april 2009 so in next year benifit of it not avail and it is last budget of Mr. P.Chidamberam so he can take middle way to withdraw the BTT but it will affact from 01-04-2009 ? so next year new finance minister cannot take advantage of withdrawing it.

Darshu (CA) (1580 Points)
Replied 29 February 2008

I think,Budget is really good from individual assessee's point of view.

Anupama (Article Trainee) (26 Points)
Replied 29 February 2008

its a favourable budget for the salaried employees. Every individual saves a minimum of 4000 tax liability which he/she would have had to incur before.And even exports are given a boost because of lowering of Excise duty.

Shibin Raj.T.V. (CA Final) (86 Points)
Replied 29 February 2008

Yaa...the budget passed by PC is good in my view, mainly increasing the slab for individuals to 150000/-. They can save upto Rs.4000/-. Farmers are really benefitted by this budget..

shitij (CA Final Student) (42 Points)
Replied 29 February 2008

60,000 crore gone to waste ...........we all are paying TAX yet we dont have electricity & Water 24/7 .....what has the FM done for that ? this is the basic amenity one requires ...when will we get it ? I want to pay more tax but let me have electricity 24X7..

SUMIIT GAJERA (CA Final) (35 Points)
Replied 01 March 2008

Good for common men
But aiming more at next election rather than growth.
Overall good but could have been better.
Thanks to PC for giving such excellent budgets.

Mukesh Agarwal (CA student) (1321 Points)
Replied 01 March 2008

Good budget as focus is more shifted towards education for children and setting up IIT's too..but waiving loan is a strong and bold move to save vote banks..

Mukesh Agarwal (CA student) (1321 Points)
Replied 01 March 2008

Good budget to save vote banks.

Swati P (Chartered Accountant) (173 Points)
Replied 01 March 2008

Budget is good enough.. the only worry is that, the existing government should not endorse the promises to next government. As all benefits are streched to a limit rather than streching the limits !!

Thenappan U (Article Asst.) (43 Points)
Replied 01 March 2008

yeah this budget is bringing joy to the salaried class as they were under the burden of tax for each and every money they receive. This Budget is very useful for the individuals. it is rather a election focussed budget.

Thenappan U (Article Asst.) (43 Points)
Replied 01 March 2008

and moreover the reduction in indirect taxes will bring down the rates of automobiles, computers for that also we have to wish PC

(Guest)
The budget is fine.Since the elections are coming nearer,this would be a perfect platform to woo the AAM ADMI.But one must look in to the fact that the govt waived 60,000cr of debts for farmers.I believe most farmers would have created debts by spending on non-agricultural items.Maybe for personal gain.FM should have waived it for most effected areas where the farmer suicide rates are higher.can someone tell me what FM has done in infrastructure??

Narayanan A P (Asst Manager(Finance)) (32 Points)
Replied 01 March 2008

Good for salaried class.Reduction of excise duty from 16% to 14% is to be appreciated.The waiver of agricultural loans to the extent of 60000 crores is quite unimaginable and impracticable, I think.

Deepak Garg ( ) (134 Points)
Replied 01 March 2008

According to Me This is a nice Budget and for farmers it's like Rain in dryness and Income Tax limit Extend Is Really Good

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: