Deductor not filing correction for TDS with wrong PAN

 My ex-employer deducted TDS with a wrong PAN number.

 Based on the solution suggested by the people in the forum i followed up with them  to file a correction.

 Even after sending multiple mails and convincing them (by sending links to the forum ,  tin-nsdl site )   they are saying that they cannot do anything.  ( I have tried multiple ways. )

    I  think I will  get a notice from IT department ?.  Will the assessing  officer  believe me if i produce all previous mails  as  evidence or  should i do something else ?..  Someone had posted that the assesse will not get the Tax credit..

Is this not unfair . I am paying Tax on an amount I have not  received..  Can't the deductor also be made liable for refusing the file a correction .?

  Someone please suggest me a good solution .

 

Replies (2)

Mr Shan for 3 consecutive years you have filed IT returns via wrong PAN and till date you havent got any notice from the IT department.

I dont think that you have any reason to worry about since 1 thing is 4 sure that you have paid the taxes on your income.

So chill out and relax. Let them do their work, We had 1 client facing similar situation and their was nothing that could had been done on our part except that from next year onwards he could qoute his right PAN while filing his return.


The same goes for U.

  Rahul ,   Thanks for the reply man
From my point of view , I have declared all income and paid taxes.

   But  from ur reply , do you mean to say  that  I will have to cough up the money or will the assessing officer  do the needful correction ?       Will things get resolved automatically.?

   Since first time i am facing this issue ,  i am kind of nervy..

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details