Cleared CPT in the 7th attempt!!!

Rahul (CPT>>IPCC>>??) (121 Points)

21 July 2011  

Hello Friends, 

My previous post here was "Failed CPT for the 6th time, should i continue?"

Well i was right at asking this question here, i got mixed responses, some were positive, some negative, motivational and some were degrading as well. Its actually a shame that i took 7 attempts just to clear CPT i know but for me July19th was a lucky day.. i finally cleared it.

A comment in my previous post was quite catchy and motivational to me. That was, "If u quit now, the years u have spent to study for CPT are gonna be just waste and if you try and succeed, those years r gonna be an investment"

I followed this rule and studied with utmost dedication, forgetting the past. I knew i was not a really bad learner cos i always got marks in the range of 80-90 in my 6 attempts. This time i guess it was prayers, hard work, dedication and motivation that worked for me.

You might think the journey of CA is gonna be terrible for a student like me. Yes maybe. I cannot comment on it cos i still havent gone through the study material of IPCC. But dont u think i can crack it with a bit of hard work? Obviously more hard work than i worked for CPT.. Its not just me, this statement goes to anyone who is trying to crack the code of CA. Hard work is the only thing that pays off in CA. I learnt it the hard way.

This post is for those who are like me. Who are struggling to clear CPT or any stage for the matter of fact.. I just wanna tell u, put your maximum efforts and dedicate yourself for it and the results will be fruitful. Well i learnt it the hard way, i dont want anybody else to suffer here. So start studying right away and promise yourself that u will be dedicated.

First of all, make a schedule.

• Schedule your time without long breaks until the exam date.. Scheduling really works. It works for me. Do not postpone it. Scheduling is nothing but promising yourself that u will meet the deadline.. If u dont, u r literally dead.
  • Get your basics right.. Without basics, u aint perfect in any feild. 
  • Go through the study material once and understand the concepts
  • Go through all the questions in the question bank
  • If u r not from science background, do not stress a lot on maths but before doing this u should be good at the rest of the subjects.
  • Do not Over/Understimate ICAI. They are full of surprises. 

I wanna thank all the fellow members of CA clubindia for spending some time on my previous post and commenting. With your support i guess im back in the race whereas i was stuck in the middle of no where untill i could clear CPT.

Thanks a lot everyone for reading this post. I'm not proud of myself that i cleared CPT but im ashamed that i cleared it in the 7th attempt. Atleast u guys dont do the same mistakes like me..

Regards,

Rahul