Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mohit   14 June 2009

Career related query

Hi All,,

I am a qualified Chartered Accountant and a Company Secretary. I have 5 years of post qualification experience in Corporates in the area of accounting/auditing/taxation/analytics.

I want to add another qualification and my aim is to become a part of  top management of a big corporate in India. Keeping the objective in mind, I am confused as to which course should I study.

One option is that I can go for one year MBA programme from ISB/IIM. I am confused whether it will help me in my future career path.

The other option is that I do some course related to my field, which one, I don't know.

Please take out some time and advise me. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Mohit

6 Replies

CA CS Bhumika Thakkar

CA CS Bhumika Thakkar (CA,CS)     14 June 2009

since u hav 5 yrs experience , go for executive mba frm ISB...u can reach heights..n a gr8 position n package for sure..

Mack...

Mack... (N/A.)     15 June 2009

Yes, an MBA would dovetail nicely with your strategy. In fact an MBA from any of the TOP 10 schools would add value to your resume,since you have a CA +CS & work experience in your kitty already.

Another option would be to pursue the AIMR CFA but that would restrict you to the investment field only...

Best of Lucks and Do Keep Us Posted :)

srilakshmi

srilakshmi (ca final)     15 June 2009

yes,MBA is good

CA.Rajesh Verma

CA.Rajesh Verma (vermaraajesh39@yahoo.co.in (Dubai))     15 June 2009

Hello,

Yes it is good to Go for MBA. Because you want to Wrok for our INDIA IIM and ISB is better for executive prog, otherwise go for executive prog from Haward B-shcool.

I am pursuing CIMA UK. I am freshly qualified CA in Duabi.

Bye

PREM

PREM (trainee)     17 June 2009

hi ...

It is better if u go for MBA from top 20 bschools in the world...As for as qualification is concerned ca itself morethan enough ..wat really matters is ur job profile, skills and knowledge to reach gr8 heights...By doing additional courses  ur wasting ur life time in studies and exams again.....Doing additional courses not gonna have any impact on u...But doing an MBA from a top 20 it really take u somewhere...being a ca, u always have an edge over others in becoming a cfo of a company but again ur job profile, skills and knowledge matters not additional qualifiation..

Mohit

Mohit   19 June 2009

Originally posted by :Mohit
"

Hi All,

Tyhanks a lot for all your replies. I just wanted to know how MBA will help me in my career as I have all expereince in accouting/auditing/taxation/analytics. Moreover can any one guide me as to which is the best coaching center for GMAT.

Thanks

Mohit

"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags